View Full Version : Does the Bluetooth/WiFi card exist?

isilver
06-16-2004, 10:18 PM
Is there a device out there that will fit into either a compact flash or Secure digital slot and offer both WIFI and bluetooth?

Sven Johannsen
06-16-2004, 10:31 PM
Is there a device out there that will fit into either a compact flash or Secure digital slot and offer both WIFI and bluetooth?

Nope

Kowalski
06-16-2004, 10:49 PM
since most of the devices today have at least one wireless option, your request wont seem to find a way

isilver
06-16-2004, 11:06 PM
I have a Dell Axim X5. Unfortunatately it has neither options. I don't want ot upgrade to a new pocket pc because the Axim X5 is one of the better Pocket PC's I have seen.

Kerensky97
06-17-2004, 02:18 PM
I think I'd be satisfied with a CF card that only did one (either bluetooth or WiFI) but was flush with the PPC.

The company that produces a WiFi CF card that doesn't protrude out of it's slot is going to be rich. The range might not be as far but I don't think anybody wants to add another inch to the length of their PPC. And having to constantly add and remove the card is just as bad.

Sven Johannsen
06-17-2004, 03:43 PM
I have a Dell Axim X5. Unfortunatately it has neither options. I don't want ot upgrade to a new pocket pc because the Axim X5 is one of the better Pocket PC's I have seen.

I'd have to say it was one of the best PPCs, for the price, when it was released. It is still a fine machine, but when you can get an X30 with BT and WiFi for $250 shipped, I can only see budget as being a reason not to upgrade. You'd be spending $50-$100 on either the BT or WiFi card, and likely $150 - $200 if a combo card existed, and it would stick out.

I do have an X5, BTW. I have been helping a friend set up his new 324MHz X30. With the exception of form factor, it is very competitive with my iPAQ 4155., and significantly cheaper.