View Full Version : Is my wireless Netgear card dead?

blumma
06-16-2004, 01:28 PM
I have a IPAQ 2215 and I acquired a netgear CF MA701 about 6 months ago. It had worked pretty well. On occasion, I would have to uninstall software(for the card) and reinstall when the IPAQ failed to recognise it. Now, I can't even do that. I put in the card, the green light is on for a few seconds and then the screen goes blank. When I reinstall and install the software (like what the manual says to do), and I insert the card I get a "unknown card in socket" (which never occured before). Is the card dead? I must point out that it's a "refurbished card" so I won't be upset that it kicked the bucket. I just need to know if I should give up. Thanks

OSUKid7
06-16-2004, 02:11 PM
I doubt it's dead. I would suggest trying it in a different device or a laptop w/ PC card sleve if at all possible. Otherwise, I'd search (I didn't say google, ok? ;) lol) for those types of errors. I've gotten similar ones on my iPaq, and just had to install the driver for it to work.

blumma
06-16-2004, 09:15 PM
Now, it doesn't recoginize that the card is in the socket. :|

Janak Parekh
06-20-2004, 04:52 AM
Now, it doesn't recoginize that the card is in the socket. :|
Well, OSUKid's suggestion is to try it in another machine to help narrow the possibilities down. Another suggestion would be to try another CF card (such as a memory card) in your iPAQ to make sure its slot is still OK.

--janak