View Full Version : IPAQ PROBLEMS SYNCING WITH OUTLOOK2003

christy
06-15-2004, 11:16 PM
fOR NO APPARENT REASON MY IPAQ IS INCORRECTLY SYNCING WITH DESK TOP OUTLOOK 2003. i SCHEDULE ON THE DESK TOP AN 8AM APPOINTMENT IT SYNCS ON IPAQ AS 9AM. dOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS? oH AND BY THE WAY i DID SOFT RESET AND THAT DID NOT HELP

Anthony Caruana
06-16-2004, 02:14 AM
Sounds to me like to timesone on your PC and iPAQ are different. Check the Clock on the Pocket PC and see if the timezone is in the right locale.

christy
06-16-2004, 02:20 AM
I checked time zone. The time zone is set correctly and the time on desktop is same as ipaq. I am stumped!

elgato
06-19-2004, 04:28 PM
You are not the only one with this porblem. And I have checked all the settings as well.

jgrnt1
06-19-2004, 04:45 PM
Since I don't have the problem, I can't be sure, but there are a couple of things you can check.

On the Time Zone tab of Date and Time Properties on your PC, have you checked "Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings time changes" (assuming you use daylight savings time)?

In ActiveSync Options, on the Sync Options tab, there is a checkbox to "Synchronize mobile device clock upon connecting."

I don't know if either of these will make a difference, but they're all I can think of.

jgrnt1
06-19-2004, 04:54 PM
Found this in Microsoft's Pocket PC forums:

Make sure...

1. The time zone on both the PocketPC and the desktop are the same. Be careful with the PocketPC
time zone setting. Some time zones are the same offset from GMT but do not observe Daylight Saving
Time (DST). An example of this is Arizona in the US which is in the US Mountain time zone (GMT-7
Mountain US) but has its own time zone (GMT-7 Arizona) simply because Arizona does not observe DST.

2. Make sure the desktop time is configured to account for Daylight Saving Time (DST).

3. On the desktop make sure Outlook is configured correctly for the local time zone. If your running
Outlook 2002 then make sure you install SP2 to correct a problem with DST...

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=311774

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the mutual benefit of all of us...
The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights...

"George" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>i have a problem with pocket outlook, the calendar has
> been growing up since the begining, and i've removed
> the "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving
> changes" till i bought a new Pocket PC that has Windows
> Mobile 2003. and when i've begun to synchronize my
> calendar with pocket calendar, i've found that on my PDA
> the appointments are later than my pc's outlook with 1
> hour. ofcorse i didn't know that i'll get this problem b4
> i got the Pocket PC. and i can't put the ajustment of
> daylight from now on, coz i have appointement made for
> several months later. in that case, i tried to find a
> software for my Pocket PC that can give me an option to
> remove the daylight adjustment so my Pocket Calendar can
> be fixed... but i didn't find anyway. is there any patch
> that can fix that? thank you.

elgato
06-20-2004, 02:58 PM
Contacted Hp support. They do not support Outlook2003. My iPAQ uses Outlook2002. Other than suggesting I turn off syn mobile device clock function, they recommended I look for a patch from Microsoft. It's always someone else's fault with these people.

christy
06-20-2004, 07:11 PM
Thank you for your assistance. It was my desktop that was not checked for Daylight savings. Even though it was set for daylight savings the box was not checked. Once I checked the box all was well.