View Full Version : belkin screen protectors vaccuum

phritosan
06-15-2004, 08:50 AM
Just noticed a couple of days ago to my crushing dissappointment that my iPAQ 4155 has lots of scratchs on the screen, so I went to Fry's and bought the only kind of screen protectors that they have, Belkin. It vaccuums hardcore. I thought that perhaps I just wasnt applying them correctly, but my dad couldnt get them to look any better. Looks like its $12 down the drain, and another $30 to get the writeshields that I should have gotten in the first place

do the writeshields look like they arent completely stuck to the screen like these belkin seem to? almost like millions of tiny bubbles or something? poorly applied window tint? im not certain how to describe it, its like looking through a window with hard water rain spots or...

just a heads up.

Steven Cedrone
06-15-2004, 12:42 PM
WriteShields, IMHO, look great! And well worth the cost, I am still using the first one I applied to my device (almost 1 year old). Up front cost tends to be higher, but you get what you pay for!

Steve

OSUKid7
06-15-2004, 02:15 PM
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=251885&sid=2ec60dec50f5f5962f277cbb6f52c1c1#251885

Anything like that? Hmm. :|

Kati Compton
06-15-2004, 03:25 PM
do the writeshields look like they arent completely stuck to the screen like these belkin seem to? almost like millions of tiny bubbles or something? poorly applied window tint? im not certain how to describe it, its like looking through a window with hard water rain spots or...
Writeshields stick, but not the same way... It's not the same type of adhesive.

They are also STIFF, which REALLY helps. It's still frustrating to make sure you get every last dust speck off the screen, but you can remove/reapply Writeshields, so that helps. Plus, they give you a cleaning cloth set. It's really great.

I've also had good results with the Boxwave ones - those are also stiff.

I really really really prefer the stiff screen protectors. They are MUCH easier to apply, more protecting, and I like the way the surface "feels". I find the naked screen to be too slippery.

Plus, with one of these protectors on, I have no problem using my finger to press on the screen, and it doesn't damage the screen and it doesn't really even make fingerprint marks. (And if it does, they're easy to wipe off).

Dave Potter
06-15-2004, 05:19 PM
It vaccuums hardcore.

Ha! :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the laugh. It took me a second to figure out what you meant. I've never heard that one before.