View Full Version : Bluetooth & ActiveSync won't Stop Searching!!!

Jon Westfall
06-15-2004, 12:06 AM
Ok, I have bluetooth setup to sync on COM9. Problem is, when I start my computer, ActiveSync starts searching COM9 and gives me the "Device not recognized / attached" message. I hit cancel, and it reverts the setting in Activesync to Com1. So before I bluetooth activesync, I have to change it back to 9. Anyone have this same oddity with bluetooth? I had it setup with a bluetooth dongle before I got my multiport module for bluetooth and never had that problem.

Thanks,
Jon.

Jeff Rutledge
06-15-2004, 03:34 AM
I've seen this a few times with AS. If I recall, once you've changed your settings in Connection Settings, you need to restart AS. Unfortunately, just clicking the 'X' doesn't do it. You need to close the ActiveSync window, and then end the process called 'wcescomm.exe' using Task Manager.

Then restart ActiveSync from the Start Menu and connect your device (it should be disconnected until this point).

Steven Cedrone
06-15-2004, 12:08 PM
Here's a great little applet that simplifies the whole "turn off/on Activesync" process...

ActiveSync Toggle (http://www.micrologics.co.uk/library/ast/)

Steve

freitasm
06-17-2004, 01:17 PM
Also, if you're using a USB dongle make sure it's not attached to a USB HUB, but directly to your computer. And there's a bug on ActiveSync where the COM configuration is not correctly stored in the registry. You'll have to find the key in user settings pointing to the incorrect COM port and delete it.