View Full Version : pronouncing treo

daves
06-14-2004, 09:10 PM
I kindof have two questions: but first the background stuff...
I'm looking for a pda/phone that works (well) and right now I'm leaning toward the treo 600. I haven't seen much of pocket pc's that I like; I really want to have a thumb-keyboard, since graffiti was always frustrating for me. The only pocket pc with a keyboard that I've seen so far is the hitachi something; and it's got that nasty looking top part on it.

So, first of all, is there a pocket pc out there, with a keyboard, with wireless capabilities, and works well?

Secondly, how do you pronounce the treo? Is it trey-oh, or treee-oh?

Thanks.
~DaveS

mdlsimpson
06-14-2004, 09:38 PM
Jeff Hawkins, former big wig from Handspring (and the creator of the original Palm Pilot) called it Tree-o. (i.e. serving three functions hence the name Treo (trio)). They spelled trio differently to create an image/point. Jeff is currently back with PalmOne, his original "stomping grounds"
FYI....

Janak Parekh
06-20-2004, 03:33 AM
So, first of all, is there a pocket pc out there, with a keyboard, with wireless capabilities, and works well?
It sounds like what you're looking for is the BenQ Pocket PC Phone (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25937). Unfortunately, it's not out yet. :( As of this moment, the Hitachi is the only Pocket PC Phone with an integrated thumbboard. The iPAQ 6300 is rumored to be bundled with a clip-on one, but it's not yet available anyway.

That said, do realize Pocket PCs have more than just Graffiti, so consider playing with a Pocket PC and/or a thumbboard to get a better feel for both before committing to a decision.

--janak