View Full Version : Preventing the screen keyboard from always popping up

tekhound
06-14-2004, 02:49 AM
Does anyone know how to stop that darn keyboard from popping up all the time? I know that it is supposed to do that, but it bugs me to no end.

I just want it not to pop up unless i tap it with the stylus.

I have an Dell Axim X30 running Windows Mobile 2003 SE.

Thanks!

-Michael

Dermot81
06-14-2004, 05:48 AM
I know there is a small program that does this...forgot the name...sit tight, i'm sure someone else remembers and will respond :)

Ripper014
06-14-2004, 08:55 AM
ZeNoKeyboard will keep it from coming up... but it was designed for people that are using keyboards... The little application gives you no keyboard... unless you manually diable ZeNoKeyboard and activate whichever input method you want... but I don't think this is the solution you are looking for as its just as annoying when you require a keyboard.

Pony99CA
06-14-2004, 12:34 PM
I know there is a small program that does this...forgot the name...sit tight, i'm sure someone else remembers and will respond :)
Philippe Majerus has an external keyboard SIP in his PowerToys (http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/PowerToys/). This should keep the keyboard from popping up, but you'll have to switch input methods back to the keyboard to access it.

If you have a Stowaway Keyboard, you can also use the Stowaway Keyboard input method, but it will pop up a small toolbar when you tap an input field. Of course, you'll have to switch back to the virtual keyboard when you want to use it.

Steve