View Full Version : Just ordered mine

serpico
06-13-2004, 08:12 AM
I just finished placing the order at Dell for a X30 624 model. Now that I have made a choice, the waiting begins. I thought the researching would do that! :D But I think not being able to find anything locally, was a sign that the X30 was the right model for me. Hope it is. 8O

I'll keep you guys updated. Does this make me official now? 8)

CoreyJF
06-13-2004, 01:44 PM
Congrats! I can honestly say I have never been happier with a pocketpc purchase!

torok
06-13-2004, 04:25 PM
You'll never find any Dell locally. ;)

serpico
06-16-2004, 06:57 AM
It's too bad I couldn't find this Dell locally, but after viewing the C|net video with the girl holding it in her hand, I'm having second thoughts. I'm not sure if I want to have 2 blinking lights flashing to get people's attention. Hey look at me type a thing. Those lights were flashing big time in the video and the antennae really protrudes out alot compared to other wireless devices. Looks like Dell just quickly revised their X3 to get it to market in wifi mode.

Anyway, here's the update guys...

... I emailed Dell asking how the process is coming along since I haven't received any confirmation email. I printed out the receipt/invoice that popped on my screen when I completed my order, but they told me they never received it and apologized for the inconvenience. And for me to call instead.

So, if I never had emailed them, I would never know that they didn't receive my order. After this mix up now, I'm not sure if I want one. I think I'm stuck on that damn HP4155 and will try and find a better price or on ebay. I know it will be hard, but most people love theirs, and it's fast enough. But my wife's voice keeps creeping into my head whenever I pull the credit card out! :lol:

CoreyJF
06-16-2004, 06:03 PM
That is to bad. I was so pissed when my 4155 died on me, but after using the x30 624, I am glad it happened/

Kowalski
06-18-2004, 12:08 AM
I was so pissed when my 4155 died on me, but after using the x30 624, I am glad it happened
i always say that the new x30 is far better than 4150, and this backs up my statement

Clippership56
06-23-2004, 04:34 PM
I ordered my X30 on 6/15. Yesterday Dell told me I wouldn't see it till at least mid July. Very Disappointed to say the least. This is my first run at a Pocket PC and to date its not a good one.

Kowalski
06-23-2004, 07:59 PM
as soon as you hold your device in your hands, you'll say that its worth it.
welcome to the pocket pc world. you've made the right choice by ordering a x30

Vidge
06-26-2004, 04:55 PM
I ordered my X30 on 6/15. Yesterday Dell told me I wouldn't see it till at least mid July. Very Disappointed to say the least. This is my first run at a Pocket PC and to date its not a good one.

Had a similar problem. Originally ordered my X30 624 on 5/21. Changed order 5/27 to take advantage of the lower price (which meant cancelling the old order and placing a new one, since Dell has no way to amend an order :() Finally received my X30 on 6/8 (they screwed up the shipping - was supposed to be overnight but sent it UPS ground). The unit is defective, so I ordered an advance exchange on 6/10 - was supposed to ship 6/17. After numerous phone calls between 6/17 and 6/24 (and getting a different answer each time), they decided they needed to cancel my 6/10 replacement and order another one, which supposedly would ship 7/2 at the earliest! Yesterday, I just gave up, cancelled the order and arranged for a return of the defective unit. I'll just wait for the HP to be released.

This is my first PPC as well (after 10 Palm OS PDAs in the past 8+ years) and while the X30 is a very nice unit, I cannot deal with the poor customer service of Dell.

milkman dan
07-01-2004, 02:43 AM
I think I am one of the only people that isn't hyped up over the X30. The only good thing about the device I can find is the price, but when you are spending upwards of $300 US for a device, I would rather spend the extra few bucks and get a better device myself. I have read reviews of people that have gone from their X30's to 2200's and 4100's becuase they hated the x30 soo much :( For me, if they fixed the button lag issue, I would be sold on one, but button lag for me ruins the point of a 624 mhz CPU :(