View Full Version : Hardware Buttons Durability

thebixman
06-12-2004, 01:57 PM
Hello. I've recently upgraded from a Jornada 545 to Ipaq 1940 (finally). I get a kick out of the Nintendo emulators available for the pockt pc, but I was wondering if the hardware buttons can withstand as much abuse as a Nintendo controller. Does anyone frequently use a Nintendo emulator? How do your buttons hold up over time?

Kowalski
06-12-2004, 05:50 PM
i've heard a few complaints about damaged hardware buttons of very old units but never heard about malfunction hardware button. it is obvious that you wont feel the comfort of a nintendo because ppcs are not designed to run emulators only.

Janak Parekh
06-19-2004, 06:26 AM
I've had exactly one of my Pocket PCs develop a bad dpad button: my 3870. Replacement fixed that. I've had no problems since - and you're right - it's a pretty rare problem, as I haven't heard many others with the same symptoms.

That said, I really don't find the 1910's dpad great for action-based gaming - the middle button gets too much in the way.

--janak

milkman dan
06-19-2004, 10:54 AM
the primary function of my pdas are for NES emulation, and my ipaqs have held up fine. The buttons on my 2215 are a pain in the arse though, as they are really small and you have to press them hard >:|