View Full Version : HP/Compaq warranty support.... A+ sofar!

milkman dan
06-11-2004, 10:12 PM
I picked up my 2215 for $200 a few weeks ago on ebay, and have not had any problems with it since, I love this thing to death. Reading all the "rubber side grip" horror storys, I decided to see if I could get hp to send me replacements, even though I live in canada, am not the origonal owner of this machine, have no paperwork or reciepts for this or anything. customer support just sent me an email lettign me know my sidegrips will be here in 48 hours ^^ I wonder if they will be this nice if something serious whent wrong with this machine

Dermot81
06-11-2004, 10:17 PM
They will, they are great :)

Perk
06-16-2004, 10:25 PM
They've been great for me. If you're unit is still under factory warranty, you can upgrade it here.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpdirect/shopping/scripts/generic_store/generic_subcategory_view.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1763356650.1087420191@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdgadclkgklkgjcfngcfkmdflldfjk.0&landing=warranty&category=esp_handhelds&subcat1=esp_handhelds&catLevel=2&set_cookies=true

Yo Boss
11-12-2004, 04:29 PM
Yep, they have been great till yesterday... I used to contact them for the side grips every 3 months on average and they would promptly send me a new pair.

However the warranty on my IPAQ ended yesterday, and they now refuse to change them unless I pay.

My question now is: Aren't replacement parts covered by a different warranty on their own? The sidegrips are newer than the IPAQ, and failed before their 12m period. I know it's true for replacement parts for cars, does this apply in PPCs as well?

Thanks

Perk
11-12-2004, 05:05 PM
I plan to sell mine a few months before my extended warranty expires as I did with my last one. The unit is great in almost every other way though.

When it comes time for me to buy a new PDA, it won't be the same brand as a flaw like this is unacceptable especially considering that they still sell it as a carry over from last year without fixing the problem.

NOTE TO ADMIN: Please stop deleting my posts that are critical of this brand. They are honest and truthful.