View Full Version : We'll argue about anything.

jlp
06-09-2004, 02:39 AM
Cheers for the link to the images JPL. That certainly clears up any lingering questions about connections. :lol:

I'm not the JetLab !! :D it's JLP, and JL stand for Jean-Louis; BTW, Jean-Something in French is hyphenated and never separated: like Jean-Claude (Van Damm) or Jean-Luc (Picard of the Star Trek fame) or Jean-Félix Piccard, twin brother of Auguste, the famous Swiss balloonist (who reached in 1931 a record altitude of 15,785 m (51,775 ft), father of Jacques Piccard who reached a record depth of 35,813 feet (10.92 km) and grandfather of Bertrand Piccard also a balloonist, who took part in the first world circumnavigation) there's also Jean-Michel Cousteau, oceanographer, like his more famous father Jacques.

Pony99CA
06-09-2004, 03:04 AM
May I suggest you, Jonathon, to read your definition dictionary at "much" (the adjective you used in conjunction with "bigger" to compare the size of the OQO and the X5) and also please look up "slightly" and appreciate the difference in meaning.
As long as you're giving vocabulary lessons, maybe you should use the dictionary. When used with an adjective (like, oh, "bigger"), "much" is an adverb, as is "slightly".

it's JLP, and JL stand for Jean-Louis[...]
Does the "P" stand for "pretentious", by any chance? :roll:

Steve

jlp
06-09-2004, 03:48 AM
Kati had a vocabulary problem, now Jonathon has one too.

May I suggest you, Jonathon, to read your definition dictionary at "much" (the adjective you used in conjunction with "bigger" to compare the size of the OQO and the X5) and also please look up "slightly" and appreciate the difference in meaning.

Mon Ami, the word "Much" is defined in the WordNet dictionary as follows: "Much - (qualifier used with mass nouns) great in quantity or degree or extant."

The OQO is almost 50% larger than the X5 in terms of volume. That justifies the use of the work "much" to me. :wink:

(And yes I had spotted and corrected you name before you mentioned it :wink: ).

Sorry you nitpicker the X5 is only 23% smaller than the OQO which justifies the word "slightly" I'm using!! Even what I call "virtually the same size!!"

And yes Steve, I meant to say adverb, at least I admit it !! And I won't even mention in details Jonathon's spelling or grammar mistakes 0X

Kati Compton
06-09-2004, 04:28 AM
Well, jlp, if it's that important, then stop spelling my name "Katy" half the time.

Jonathon Watkins
06-09-2004, 10:20 AM
And yes Steve, I meant to say adverb, at least I admit it !! And I won't even mention in details Jonathon's spelling or grammar mistakes 0X

:huh: Such as........