View Full Version : Looking for a good gym / workout software.

Andy Whiteford
06-07-2004, 11:06 AM
Looking for a good gym / workout software. My needs are something to plan a work out up front not a full regime including diet etc. and I don't need something that I would take to the gym with me.

MySport training is a nice app but overkill for my needs although the muscle chart where you can select the muscle group and it will list the various workouts is close to what I am looking for. I need something similar to this where I can pick from different workouts and their variants for each muscle group and even better would be to have the equipment used and also the start and finish positions (possibly with diagrams). Is there any software that offers this or close to it??

SteveHoward999
06-07-2004, 02:13 PM
I've not seen software that does this - I just put my workout into an Excel spreadsheet and update that when I need to.

I just moved to the US from the UK and find it helps with pound/kilo conversions.

Steve

Possum48
06-07-2004, 07:56 PM
from L3 Solutions. I use daily for my workouts. It gives you some back templates but you can also customize the workouts including adding your own exercise descriptions.

The program includes workouts for both aerobic as well as weight training.

There are two versions. The Pro Version allows you to sync your PPC with your desktop and make Excell spreadsheets of your workout logs. Only one problem. Since I got my 2215 with WM2003 I have not been able to sync my PPC and desktop. Still I use the PPC and just manually enter the data in the excell spreadsheet. I have emailed L3Solutions several times about this problem but have gotten no reply. I'm gonna write them again about it.

I have looked and tried out similar software and have found them all to be either not detailed enough or too complicated.

Give this program a try I think you will like it.

stevew
06-07-2004, 08:09 PM
I wouldn't buy anything from L3 Solutions. I purchased diet and workout 4 programs from them at the same time a few months ago. Had problems syncing and others. No help file. Wrote tech support a dozen times with zero replies. I turned in the refund sheet and again never heard from them.

Possum48
06-07-2004, 09:42 PM
won't stand behind their product. I have tried again to contact them and will wait one more time. At that point I will let them know that I will not buy anything else from them.

Tried to find a phone number for them. No luck. Know they have their offices in Maryland.

Seems that my problem began when I upgraded to a 2215 and WM2003. It worked fine for almost a year with the PPC2002 OS. Most likely their product is not compatible with WM2003. Who knows.