View Full Version : Attachments on Card

55Kevy
06-04-2004, 07:34 PM
I currently store email attachments on an SD card. POutlook has created a folder called 'Inbox.mstxxxxxxxx.xxxxxx' with a subfolder called 'Mail Attachments'. I'd like to use a second or third SD card and want to know:

1. Should I make sure the SD with the attachments folder is always in when I sync?

2. Don't worry - POutlook will create attachment folders on every SD card that's in the slot when I sync?

3. Other (what might this option be)?

I remember some discussion a couple of years ago about problems changing cards that had sync'd email attachments, but couldn't find the references. I look forward to the sage advice here.

Kevin

Jason Dunn
06-05-2004, 02:25 AM
When you store attachments on the card, you really should only be using one card and leaving it in there. Pocket Inbox isn't exactly robust when it comes to dealing with attachments - I think if you were to sync with the card out of the slot, it would create a new folder on the new card, but only sync over the newest attachments - the older ones would be forever broken. Then again, I haven't tried this yet. ;-)

Brad Adrian
06-05-2004, 04:08 AM
...the older ones would be forever broken. Then again, I haven't tried this yet. ;-)
Good point. I love my Pocket PC, but am always pessimistic about Inbox's ability to adapt.

55Kevy
06-07-2004, 04:12 PM
Thanks, guys. I thought that using the same card would be the best option, but wanted to get other opinions.

Kevin