cheers!

Paul Martin
06-04-2004, 06:19 PM
From the Handango e-mail:

> Expiration Date: 07/31/2004
>
> Restrictions:
> -- One time use per person.
> -- Order subtotal must be at least $5.
> -- Valid only at www.handango.com.

OSUKid7
06-05-2004, 03:30 AM
Thanks. Not sure how Handango would like this...but I'm gonna use it. Thanks again.

pocketman
06-05-2004, 03:42 AM
I don't know when and if this expires.

cheers!

Thanks for the coupon,

i got HandyMenu for free :D , but I had to spend 9 cents to add a theme for 10 cents to get the order over 5$ as HandyMenu is 4.99.

tanalasta
06-05-2004, 03:48 AM
The coupon is meant to be sent out to users who completed a customer/purchase survey from Handango.

Now to find a nice $5 program out there. Any suggestions? I thought about handy-menu but already have batterypack. Pity I can't find the $5 upgrade on Handango's site.

DinarSoft
06-05-2004, 04:31 AM
The coupon is meant to be sent out to users who completed a customer/purchase survey from Handango.

Now to find a nice $5 program out there. Any suggestions? I thought about handy-menu but already have batterypack. Pity I can't find the $5 upgrade on Handango's site.
HandyMenu works well "with" BattaryPack, There is no overlaped features between the two programs (they are totaly different)
HandyMenu gives you quick access to system settings and others
take a close look at it http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?productType=2&optionId=1_2_2&platformId=2&siteId=1&productId=79935&sectionId=0&catalog=30&txtSearch=handymenu

if you want to try it yourself a demo is available here http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=11139

tanalasta
06-05-2004, 05:35 AM
There is no overlaped features between the two programs (they are totaly different)

I'm not sure I'll agree with that. The version of BP 2004 I've always used has had a task-switcher very similar to that in handy-menu. It also allows me to access soft-reset/power-off via 2 taps on my screen. So I've found there is quite a bit of overlap.

I've never used Handyswitcher myself, but I have heard that it is a very good program. Just don't see the reason on installing both HS and BP on the same device.

DinarSoft
06-05-2004, 05:50 AM
There is no overlaped features between the two programs (they are totaly different)

I'm not sure I'll agree with that. The version of BP 2004 I've always used has had a task-switcher very similar to that in handy-menu. It also allows me to access soft-reset/power-off via 2 taps on my screen. So I've found there is quite a bit of overlap.

I've never used Handyswitcher myself, but I have heard that it is a very good program. Just don't see the reason on installing both HS and BP on the same device.
True, there is an overlap between HadySwitcher and BP
However we're not talking about HAndySwitcher, we are talking about HandyMenu which is a totaly different program :)

tanalasta
06-05-2004, 07:28 AM
Sorry my bad. I'd quickly skim-read the handango link above and saw the bright description of Handyswitcher and thought they were the same thing.

I can still access most of the battery/memory/backlight/today-setup from the program and batterybar of batterypack though. It's not so obvious, but clicking on the icons of batterypack takes you to the relevant menu.

Anyone know any other great $5 programs to splurge this voucher on? :P

christak
06-08-2004, 07:06 PM
Anyone know any other great $5 programs to splurge this voucher on? :P

I just picked up PocketRSS -- $5.00 - the coupon = free!!

Nice app for viewing RSS feeds...
8)

steviey19
06-09-2004, 02:04 AM
Can't use this promotion code any longer. Handango shut it down.

OSUKid7
06-09-2004, 02:11 AM
haha...glad I used it when I could then :) got Spb Imageer and the Xen Games Pack (50% off with subsriber discounts) for $14.94 -- that's $.01 cheaper than Spb Imageer alone. LOL. Good stuff.

christak
06-09-2004, 03:01 AM
Can't use this promotion code any longer. Handango shut it down.

:( Too bad...

Kash76
06-09-2004, 03:12 PM
The mods should have locked and/or deleted this thread. I cannot use my coupon code now and I filled out the survey.

Thanks.

Don't Panic!
06-09-2004, 04:20 PM
I am completly pissed off by this travesty. FoldedSpace why did you compromise this code? I filled out the survey and now I can't reap the benefits of my work. Put this thread in the HALL OF SHAME please mods! ****ing idiot warez boyz. :frusty:

Don't Panic!
Bobby

iant54
06-09-2004, 05:01 PM
I've just received the following e-mail:

We recently emailed you a $5 off coupon as a thank you for filling out our repeat buyer survey. Unfortunately, this code was made public by a handful of enthusiastic Handango supporters and posted on many coupon sites. As a result, a lot of people who didn't fill out the survey were able to use it and abuse it.

Therefore, we had to CANCEL the previous discount code (F425D4D). We noticed that you hadn't used the original one yet, so we are sending you a replacement code. We learned our lesson last time about using one code that worked for everyone, so we have created a unique code just for you.

NEW PROMOTION CODE: <removed>
Discount: $5
Expiration Date: July 31, 2004
Restrictions:

--One time use only.
--Order subtotal must be at least $5.
--Valid only on www.handango.com.
--Cannot be combined with other offers.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for being a Handango customer.

So Don't Panic and others, you don't need to panic!!

Don't Panic!
06-09-2004, 05:11 PM
I guess I shouldn't have sent them that e-mail then. :oops:

Don't Panic!
Bobby

Steven Cedrone
06-09-2004, 06:09 PM
If this kind of thing keeps happening, they won't give us a code at all! In the future, when you get a discount code for doing something on a site, keep it to yourself! Glad to see this will be fixed with a new code!