View Full Version : HP redesigned the side grips

Robb Bates
06-03-2004, 07:15 PM
I just got my second set of side grip replacements from HP. It looks like they finally redesigned them. The old ones had the numbers 6 and 7 on the inside. These new ones have K and L on the inside. The rubber shell now has tabs that grip into the plastic part. This should (let's all hope) keep them from delaminating. The old ones just had a rubber shell that was just a simple layer without any interlocking tabs.

I'd take some pictures but I doubt you'd be able to see anything. It's hard to see with the naked eye.

I'd still like to get some PPCTechs grips, but free is a much better price than $39.99 for this poor boy.

Robb Bates

Kacey Green
06-03-2004, 08:37 PM
My new ones are sitting in my mailbox right now, hopfully after I pick them up after work they will be the new kind and actually be better, I just wish those indian phone support people would stop addressing my grips to

"Jacey Green"
XXXaddressXXX

ctmagnus
06-03-2004, 08:59 PM
They could send it to

"J.C. Penny"
XXXaddressXXX

:mrgreen:

Kacey Green
06-04-2004, 04:48 AM
The new set (third) and my second set were both of the new type you describe, instead of falling off they just bubble up under where the elastic on the case meets the grips, but they did stay on longer than the first set (the old type)

Kacey Green
06-04-2004, 05:21 AM
They could send it to

"J.C. Penny"
XXXaddressXXX

:mrgreen:

The indian man repeated my spelling correctly how could he mess it up, this is the second time they did this

ctmagnus
06-04-2004, 05:43 AM
dunno, but that happened to me when I ordered my titanium case from Mobileplanet, only it was a caucasian-sounding woman and she managed to get punctuation in the address in place of some of the letters in the street name. :)

ghostppc
06-05-2004, 11:06 PM
Interesting. The sale reps manage to make sure that you get billed. But getting the order to the customer correctly free of spelling and delivery errors gets left out of the transaction! As long as you've paid for it, they don't care if it gets delivered to your evil twin or to someone around the world. :twisted: