View Full Version : iPAQ 2200 Series ROM 1.10A Update

Ed Hansberry
06-03-2004, 01:30 PM
<a href="http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/handheldiPAQ/us/download/21001.html">http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/handheldiPAQ/us/download/21001.html</a><br /><br />HP has released a small revision to the 1.10 ROM upgrade first provided in March. This is a full ROM update, so you'll have to hard reset and won't be able to restore a previous backup. Fixes include:<br /><br />• Fixes the Sleep Mode SD power drain. <br />• Fixes iPAQ Backup shutdown after 10 seconds when a backup is scheduled. <br />• Fixes the JavaScript event handler to operate correctly. <br />• Updates Bluetooth driver to resolve Bluetooth hang issue. <br />• Enables connectivity bubble to correctly display GPRS status when connected through a proxy. <br />• Contacts: Removes duplicate radio telephone number from Contacts List view. <br />• Replace type short messages are not duplicated. <br />• SMS messages with alphanumeric address are parsed correctly. <br />• Instant Messenger: IM signs in. <br />• Localization: Errant character no longer inserted by Action button on KOR <br />• Settings: Handheld properly returns to Power Off state after an alarm. <br /><br />"Returns to a Power Off state <i>after</i> an alarm?" Does it now return to a power <i><b>on</b></i> state for the alarm first? ;-) I also don't understand some of the inbox fixes, like SMS messages. I've had my 2215 almost a full year and never knew it did SMS. :? <br /><br />There are also a number of enhancements listed at the HP site.<br /><br /><b>Update:</b> There is no English version of this ROM, so maybe this is just the same ROM 1.10 for other languages. Their ROM updates have gotten so confusing. 1.10 came out in March, it was redated in April with no apparent change except for the Readme file, a few days later an SD RAM patch was released that should have been in the ROM and now 1.10A is here but no English build. I give up...

naquada
06-03-2004, 01:38 PM
great, but check the drop down on versions you can download..

Potuguese
italian
japanese
korean
spanish
chinese

no english ???

ppcsurfr
06-03-2004, 02:02 PM
Ed...

Same here... HP is getting a bit confusing...

Carlo

mr_Ray
06-03-2004, 02:13 PM
It's amusing that the language not available is the one that the details are written in.

Anyway HP, stop messing around with 1.10 ROM versions and get us that WM2003SE ROM out, eh?

Vincent M Ferrari
06-03-2004, 02:26 PM
This being only my second Ipaq, I can only say that the sheer volume of updates is terrific; they're improving the product.

But dammit guys, keep your stuff together, will you? Every time an update appears, a driver update appears later, and some other patch pops up.

Never had this with Dell.

Eh, what the heck am I complaining about. I love my 2215 anyway.

christak
06-03-2004, 03:43 PM
There is a thread on Brighthand where someone did a "differences" on the older 1.10 ROM files and the new 1.10A files -- NO DIFFERENCES!!

Nothing new here!! :roll:

http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=695271#post695271

Empyrean
06-03-2004, 04:12 PM
Not to thread crap but... What's the deal with HP? I bought an h4150 and have yet to see any significant updates. Specfiically, I'd like to see LEAP working so could use it in my corporate environment. Considering the h4150/h4155 units a pretty high-end -- what gives?

I'm hoping that they are holding out for a ROM update that includes WM2003SE but considering their lack of focus on this product I'm becoming conerned. I'm happy for all the 22xx owners out there but jealous as well!

Any one have an insider news? :D

--AJ

Blue Zero
06-03-2004, 04:34 PM
Nothing new here... been there, done that
Do not pass go, do not collect $200, do not bother... :?

Willmonwah
06-03-2004, 05:41 PM
Adds use of high-quality MIDI playback for alarms and meeting reminders.

I originally thought it was new to the A revision, but it's just formatted differently in the April release. Has anyone tried this feature? Sounds cool.

tccox
06-03-2004, 07:25 PM
And if you go to www.hp.com, search for drivers and updates for the 2215 the latest version listed is still the April 30, 2004 version. The link you provided shows a May 19 date

And just this second, right before my eyes, they updated that site to show TWO ROM updates for the 2200 series. Now aint that weird......

HP iPAQ Pocket PC h2200 Series ROM Update » 1.10
30 Apr 04 » 1.00
15 Mar 04

HP iPAQ Pocket PC h2210 ROM Update » 1.10.00 A
19 May 04

tccox
06-03-2004, 07:48 PM
And now they'vre removed it. Really really wierd.

tccox
06-03-2004, 08:35 PM
And I printed out and compared the descriptions for bith 1.10 and 1.10a. 1.10a adds nothing new at all.

ctmagnus
06-03-2004, 08:52 PM
I'm seeing the May 19 1.10.00 A update right now.

Tenchi818
06-05-2004, 05:14 AM
Dear All,

I have a english 2215, but I am interested in the japanese ROM. Can I update, and replace my ROM to Japanese?

Tenchi

Ed Hansberry
06-05-2004, 03:42 PM
Dear All,

I have a english 2215, but I am interested in the japanese ROM. Can I update, and replace my ROM to Japanese?
Not legally, and technically, it is more than a matter of just flashing the new ROM. I know there are hacks available that allow this - or there were for the iPAQ 3600, but it isn't legal because of licensing rights for the various languages between companies in different countries.

Tenchi818
06-06-2004, 05:06 AM
I was still running 1.0 rom version for the 2215, and was looking forward to updating it. Now my iPAQ is suck and can't seem to get the iPAQ to reset. The updating was completed to 100%, but the screen on the iPAQ is still in the USB v1.08 with the HP Invent LOGO on it. Everything I do, to try to get it to reset doesn't help. Can anyone advise on what I should do next.

Tenchi

MikeInDallas
06-06-2004, 08:09 AM
It took HP about a year to release the ROM update. The first update they released was only to provide support for extended batteries they had on the shelves already! I think Compaq did an overall better job with updates. I've been a 'Paqqer since the original 3630, which was littered with bugs. Still, they were eventually worked out, and the 3630, despite the age, still draws a heafty price on the used market.

As a gamer, I think they're blowing it with the little coat -sized buttons. The original beat 'em hands down, but it couldn't respond to 2 buttons at once.

Not to thread crap but... What's the deal with HP? I bought an h4150 and have yet to see any significant updates. Specfiically, I'd like to see LEAP working so could use it in my corporate environment. Considering the h4150/h4155 units a pretty high-end -- what gives?

I'm hoping that they are holding out for a ROM update that includes WM2003SE but considering their lack of focus on this product I'm becoming conerned. I'm happy for all the 22xx owners out there but jealous as well!

Any one have an insider news? :D

--AJ

MikeInDallas
06-06-2004, 08:15 AM
Have you tried hard resetting it? It's tricky to do, but I've done it. From my TreNotes:

Hard Reset on 2210: Hold down buttons 1 and 4 (Calendar and iTask) and perform a soft reset, keeping the stylus pressed in until the screen fades out (2-3 seconds normally). Remember that a Hard Reset won't clear the iPAQ File Store, you'll need to do that manually.

The only way I could do this was to hold the stylus between my TEETH and then hold the buttons down. Sometimes it takes a couple tries for me to get it right. You'll see something about "Serial" on the screen, or at least I did with the v1.00 ROM. Once you see that, do a regular soft-style reset and your device will be hard-reset. See if that doesn't fix it.

You could also take the slower approach. Remove the battery and wait. it could take hours for the backup battery to run down, assuming yours is good (one of the ones I had [2 have gone back to HP] did an instant reset, as if the backup battery didn't even exist!).

Let us know how that works for you.

Mike Welch

I was still running 1.0 rom version for the 2215, and was looking forward to updating it. Now my iPAQ is stuck and can't seem to get the iPAQ to reset. The updating was completed to 100%, but the screen on the iPAQ is still in the USB v1.08 with the HP Invent LOGO on it. Everything I do, to try to get it to reset doesn't help. Can anyone advise on what I should do next.

Tenchi

MikeInDallas
06-06-2004, 08:21 AM
The starter post for this thread included a question about the alarm being fixed. Since upgrading to the v1.10 ROM...what? 6 weeks ago? -- I haven't had problems with the alarm. I think once a reminder didn't pop up, but I was away from the machine. It might have popped up, then played the alarm again when I turned it on for all I know.

The alarm/reminder bug was my #1 biggest annoyance. It's nice to see them sugar coat that with MIDI. I'll have to give that a try.

But what's up with these posts that there aren't any differences between the v1.10 and v1.10A ROMs? Maybe that's why HP keeps taking them back down.

Mike Welch

jhmd
06-12-2004, 08:00 PM
I wish I would never updated my ROM. Now my PPC can't use my Lexar 256 MB SD Card, which I used before. Ive tried soft resets, hard resets, re-updating ROM. But it doesnt read my SD card, I have no troubble with a Sandisk SD card which I use in my Camera. Is not trouble with the Lexar SD card, It can be uses with my camera, other PPCs and even Palms.
Ive contacted HP but they lack of good ideas, those dumb suggestions have not helped.
First time they told me to do a soft reset (If they knew how much of thats have I done, and even hard resets, prior to contacting them). I write them again to ask for some clever ideas, and they suggest me a hard reset... COME ON!!! Shut your mouth and get me back my original ROM. Not that 1.10 crap.

NOTE: Ive already installed SDIO update file, so that hasnt solved the problem. I´ve bought a 512 Sandisk SD card at Amazon, I hope it can be read, Cause now I can no longer use Lexar's.