View Full Version : V35 SD card not working

psions5
06-01-2004, 08:26 PM
:( Iv'e been using My Viewsonic V35 for ages now with a 64 MB SD card. I just got a new HP PC with a 7 in 1 Memory card dock, I descided to use the SD card in the PC to save my Batterey. Everything worked fine, but upon placement into the V35 it is not recognised. It doesent show up in File explorer and is invisible. It still works fine in the PC though, Whats happened?

Kowalski
06-01-2004, 08:37 PM
the only thing you can do is to format your SD card.
if it doesnt work i cant see any other way to go

psions5
06-01-2004, 08:50 PM
no it didnt work, I formatted it and Re-Tryed it in the ppc, but still invisible?

The Yaz
06-01-2004, 09:21 PM
Did you try to soft boot the V35 with the sd card in the slot?

Also, look at the card and make sure that you did not move the security switch. It has to be unlocked or locked... if it is in the middle, the card cannot be read (but I doubt this is the problem since you said it works in the card reader).

Good luck,

Steve 8)

Kati Compton
06-02-2004, 04:16 AM
I will second the suggestion to soft boot with the SD card in the PPC. I know I've had to do that (though I have an Axim).

psions5
06-02-2004, 10:23 AM
I tried a Soft boot with it in but it wont show, What is the Type of Card it needs is it FAT or FAT 32? Is that a problem?

p.s The security tab is fine

The Yaz
06-03-2004, 01:51 PM
I asked some friends whether there should be an issue if the SD card s/b FAT16 or FAT32. They said that for the size of your card, the default format should be FAT16, but WM2002/03 should be able to read both since they can run into peripherals with large storage issues.

Try reformatting the card as FAT16. If that does not work, take a flashlight and make sure that a foreign object didn't get into the slot and is covering up the connectors.

Beyond that I would suggest doing a backup to your desktop and doing a hard reset.

Sorry I don't have any better answers.

Steve 8)