View Full Version : Phantom alarms in Pocket Outlook

DeepThoughtPockets
06-01-2004, 03:19 PM
Hi

About every 2-3 days, either after 5 p.m. or the following morning if I don't look at the Pocket PC at night, I get reminders pop up for a non-existent "appointment" at 5 p.m., usually 2-3 of them. There are no details given for the appointments. I click "dismiss" and they're gone. I've checked very carefully for any actual blank appointments in both Outlook on my PC and the Pocket Outlook on my PPC.

How can I make them go away?

Jason Dunn
06-01-2004, 04:13 PM
Are they perhaps "All Day" appointments? They're a bit harder to see visually in the calendar view - you need to look up at the very top of the screen.

Sven Johannsen
06-01-2004, 04:20 PM
Have you looked at the actual alarms in the clock applet? Might not be an Outlook thing at all.

DeepThoughtPockets
06-02-2004, 02:36 PM
You mean under settings>clock, where I had M & F checked for the time my alarms were popping up? :oops:

Could be...

Thanks.

Sven Johannsen
06-02-2004, 02:52 PM
Well, with all the complaints about alarms not working, you can at least take comfort in the fact that your's do :) Glad I helped. Personally I think that screen should be easier to get to. Maybe a tap and hold on the time in the task bar. Do any of you actually use the Analog/Digital setting there :?:

smittyofdhs
06-02-2004, 07:10 PM
Do any of you actually use the Analog/Digital setting there :?:

I like the analog setting except on the PPCPE (Siemens SX56). When you power this device, it shows the digital for a few seconds then reverts back to analog. I never had the issue with my Ipaqs.