View Full Version : Please Give a Hand to the Review Team

Jason Dunn
06-01-2004, 06:00 AM
I wanted to give a very public, and very heart-felt pat on the back to our very own Pocket PC Thoughts review team. They've exceeded my expectations for producing high-quality reviews that help all of you make your purchasing decisions. Just take a look at that <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/articles.php?action=get_type_titles,1">reviews page!</a> 49 reviews have been published or written since January alone! I applaud their dedication, and I know you all appreciate them as much as I do. Way to go review team! :way to go:<br /><br />Along the same lines, I'm thrilled to announce that the following people have made the cut and are now part of the Thoughts Review Team:<br /><br />• Gavin Henriques<br />• Nathan Womack<br />• Ryan Joseph<br />• Stephen Beesley<br />• Steve Sharp<br />• Zack Mahdavi<br />• Derek Hodgkins<br />• Dave Potter<br /><br />Competition was fierce, and I was extremely strict with my standards - the above individuals worked very hard to polish their reviews to be error-free and adhered strictly to our template. That's no small feat! Please welcome them to their new role on Pocket PC Thoughts, because it means even more great content for you, our valued readers. :mrgreen:

Shadowcat
06-01-2004, 06:29 AM
Congratulations to you all! Keep up the good work!

Pat Logsdon
06-01-2004, 07:19 AM
Congrats to the current team for their stellar work, and welcome to the new members! :werenotworthy: :mrgreen:

Gavin Henriques
06-01-2004, 07:29 AM
Wow! I was surprised to see my name as a new member of the review team! I am very honored! Pocket PC Thoughts has always played an important part of my Pocket PC World. From shaping my opinions on software and accessories to giving me lusty thoughts on all the latest and greatest gadgets. I look forward to writing outstanding and informative reviews in the tradition of Pocket PC Thoughts. Thanks for your trust and for the opportunity!!

dignow96
06-01-2004, 07:49 AM
Way to go everyone. As an info greedy PPCT user I truely appreciate all the hard work that goes into keeping me in the loop. I've recently moved to the middle east and PPCT is not only a touchstone for home but my only serious source of what's going on in the PPC world. Thanks again y'all and congrats!

Paula
06-01-2004, 08:39 AM
Congratulations to one and all. :D

Do we get to read the wonderful reviews that won them their positions?

Paula

Bajan Cherry
06-01-2004, 12:35 PM

I second that!

Jolt
06-01-2004, 01:21 PM
Congratulations! Let the reviews begin. :D

Ryan Joseph
06-01-2004, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! I'm really excited about being a part of the PPCT team! I can't wait to start making a contribution to the site I love! 8)

Kevin C. Tofel
06-01-2004, 02:01 PM
Way to go gang! Looking forward to your reviews!!!

:clap:

KCT

Jason Dunn
06-01-2004, 02:26 PM

Yes, their first assignment will be to turn their sample reviews into full reviews. :-) Expect to see them within two weeks...

tanalasta
06-01-2004, 03:53 PM
Congrats! I look forward to reading more well-structured and relevant PPC reviews which I've come to know and love! 8)

And if anyone wants to do some medical program reviews, I'd love to read them too! *hint hint*

x999x
06-01-2004, 05:21 PM
Congrats to everyone, I have made some purchase decisions based on the reviews here, however not based on their subjectivity, or lack there of, but the number of screenshots and explanations of each facet of the software/hardware in question.

I realize this site is merely a storefront, and I'm fine with that, my only criticism however is the fact that everything that's sold here gets glowing reviews.

David Prahl
06-01-2004, 05:51 PM
Congrats to the new team members! Joining the PPCT team has been a wonderful experience for me, and I hope you too will find it enjoyable and fun.

Time to learn another batch of names..Welcome aboard!
:beer:

Paul Martin
06-01-2004, 08:38 PM
Congrats! I'm looking forward to reading the reviews. PPCT has been a great source of info. This helps continue the tradition!

yawanag
06-01-2004, 08:43 PM
Congratulations to one and all! I can thank PPCT for keeping me in the poor house because I never buy anything without reading reviews, viewing screenshots and downloading Trials.

Thanks for "letting your fingers do the walking" so I don't have to.

Dave Potter
06-01-2004, 08:48 PM
I too am honored to be a new member of the PPCT team. PPCT is, in my humble opinion, one of the best sites on the web. I look forward to contributing in any whay that I can.

Jason Dunn
06-01-2004, 11:56 PM
I realize this site is merely a storefront, and I'm fine with that, my only criticism however is the fact that everything that's sold here gets glowing reviews.

This site is merely a storefront? 8O Would you mind explaining that a bit more? We do far more posts about news in the Pocket PC world than we do about products that are for sale. We also don't sell anything ourselves other than subscriptions, and quite often the things we post on we don't have affiliate links for, so I don't understand why you'd think that this is a storefront. :?

As for glowing reviews, that's up to each reviewer, but it's rare that I see a review without several negatives listed or ways that the product can be improved. If that's "glowing" to you, I think we have different ideas on what that term means. ;-) If something royally sucks though, we don't waste the effort to review it - I don't want to waste resources on something that is truly horrible. Most products don't fall into that category though (thankfully).

dazz
06-02-2004, 01:20 PM
WOW! 49 reviews this year?! Impressive.

I am finding out now how much is involved in writing reviews and I tip my hat to the PocketPCThoughts team. We just would not know all of the benefits and pitfalls of the hardware and software out there without these reviews.

Thanks to those that have done the reviews.

And CONGRATS to the new team members. I am looking forward to seeing the HUGE jump in reviews this should bring in. :D

Steven Cedrone
06-02-2004, 01:23 PM
Great to finally place an avatar with some of these names! :wink: Congratulations to all!

Steve

dazz
06-02-2004, 01:25 PM

:roll:

Favourable ratings from PPCT are usually BANG ON! This is just a silly comment.

More likely, the companies that make good products can afford to buy advertising space here because people buy their product, not just because PPCT says they are good.

mrkablooey
06-06-2004, 01:05 PM
I appreciate all the work that goes into this and the other Thoughts sites, whether it be by the reviewers or Jason. :D