View Full Version : Changing the Today screen picture

Erinelsa
06-01-2004, 03:57 AM
Hi
Im kinda new to pocket pc's but I got a second hand Ipaq 1910 and I was wondering how do you change the picture on the today screen.
Ive heard about "theme" programs and such but all I want to do is change the picture.
How do you do it and in what format does the picture have to be in?

Thank you.

Pony99CA
06-01-2004, 06:23 AM
Im kinda new to pocket pc's but I got a second hand Ipaq 1910 and I was wondering how do you change the picture on the today screen.
Ive heard about "theme" programs and such but all I want to do is change the picture.
How do you do it and in what format does the picture have to be in?
In the Today settings applet, you can set a background image. Just click the Use this picture as the background button and use the Browse button to select an image.

If you actually want to change the image in the theme, I don't think there's any direct way to change the Today screen's background image without changing the entire theme.

However, I suspect that you could create your own theme based on the one you're using now, but with a different background image. Do a search here on theme creation -- there are a lot of threads about how to do that, including the "Create Pocket PC Themes" thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1967).

Steve

tanalasta
06-01-2004, 04:16 PM
Steve has explained how to change the background picture well :) You'll find that you may have to open up your favourite graphics editor and crop pictures to size for them to appear satisfactorily.

If you desire to change the theme of your ppc (there are a few standard ones preinstalled), a google search for pocketpcthemes will come up with good hits. Creating themes yourself requires the purchase/download of a program and takes quite a bit of time.

www.pocketpcthemes.com and www.pocketthemes.com are good examples where you may download various ppc themes other people have made from sports, models, religious, games etc etc....

Pony99CA
06-01-2004, 04:39 PM
www.pocketpcthemes.com and www.pocketthemes.com are good examples where you may download various ppc themes other people have made from sports, models, religious, games etc etc....
Or you can check the Content section (http://links.svpocketpc.com#LINKS_CONTENT) of my Web site for several more theme sites. I just added some in the last few days. :-)

Steve

milkman dan
06-02-2004, 02:16 AM
I use a little app called "theme generator V2" and it works really well