View Full Version : HP Dilemma

dead_smed
05-30-2004, 10:16 AM
Just got a HP 4150 Pocket PC for my birthday after my backlight died on my Toshiba 740.

I'm not sure now if i should keep this new one or take it back to hold out for the new range of devices coming in july.

anyone know if they are doing the wm2003se for the 4150, and would they keep the 4150 or hold out for the newer devices coming soon?

many thanks.

arnage2
05-30-2004, 03:21 PM
they will make wm2003se for the 4150, but id get a next gen device if i were u.

Shadowcat
05-30-2004, 06:33 PM
Oh, where did you hear that? So far I've only heard rumours that HP would release WM 2003 SE for its devices but I don't think I've heard any confirmations?

To answer the original question, I say it depends on your needs, dead_smed. I would personally wait. I did it before but it was a long and very painful wait. If you want more features then wait but if the HP 4150 does what you need it to do then you might just want to keep it. I don't think anyone is absolutely certain when the new devices are coming out.

Imageman
05-30-2004, 07:35 PM
you can always be waiting for the next linup of devices. Get what you want now and worry about upgrading later if you have to.

If you always are waiting for the 'next model' you'll be waiting forever. As soon as HP releases the new lineup, within 60 days you will hear rumors on the next lineup.

just keep the 4150.

Kowalski
05-30-2004, 08:13 PM
you dont have to wait. dell x30 is there!!!
it has all the features of 4150 plus more.

Ryan Joseph
05-31-2004, 01:56 PM
you can always be waiting for the next linup of devices. Get what you want now and worry about upgrading later if you have to.

If you always are waiting for the 'next model' you'll be waiting forever. As soon as HP releases the new lineup, within 60 days you will hear rumors on the next lineup.

just keep the 4150.

I agree. Waiting for new devices can be painful. I kept my PPC Phone even after I broke it because I was waiting for the iPAQ 6300 which was supposed to come out in May...then July...now September?! And there's no concrete release date on any of the other PPC Phones either.

So I just decided to forget waiting and I got an i-Mate (aka XDA II). It has everything I want and I dont' have to worry about waiting. If the new devices turn out to be better than the i-Mate and they have features I want, I'll upgrade then.

But for now, I just got the device with the features I needed. :mrgreen:

apanther28
06-04-2004, 04:54 PM
Get the device now, keep it in excellent condition and then sell it on Ebay to get the next generation device you want when it comes out and the bugs are worked out. That way, you'll minimze any expenses when switching over.

Ryan Joseph
06-04-2004, 05:20 PM
Get the device now, keep it in excellent condition and then sell it on Ebay to get the next generation device you want when it comes out and the bugs are worked out. That way, you'll minimze any expenses when switching over.

How do you think I get the money to upgrade every 6-8 months? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

apanther28
06-04-2004, 06:00 PM
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: