View Full Version : VPN drops connection

yournamehere
05-29-2004, 04:20 AM
Sorry that I'm posting this again, but I'm sure someone else out there has had this problem.

I have an ipaq 2210 (WM2003) with a Sandisk 128MB wifi card. I have a VPN (pptp) server (w2k) running at my office and am trying to maintain a VPN connection to use terminal services. The VPN server works perfectly because I have been using it for over a year with my laptop. I have set up my ipaq with a PPTP vpn connection and it connects ok - I can even ping it with vxutil, Unfortunately, when I try to get into a server via TS, it drops the connection. I just noticed that it even drops the connection when I go into IE. I have read some posts that there are issues using subdomain addresses - extra dots, but I setup the connection using an IP. And I figured it might have been a problem with TS, so I opened the TS port on my company's firewall (sonicwall soho3) and was able to connect.

sylvangale
05-29-2004, 07:00 AM
Try asking in the "Just Chatting" forum here and/or brighthand's PPC general discussion forum since those are the busiest forums and you will be more likely to get a response... if anyone can help. Best of luck.