View Full Version : More Wisbar Advance Questions...

yanathin
05-28-2004, 11:56 PM
I really want to know exactly what Wisbar Advance disalows me to do when I install it... I recently did that registry hack thing that fixed alarms in WM2003, and it works beautifully. For the past two weeks it's gone off every day. Now with Wisbar Advance, it says notifications don't work... Is a regular daily alarm set in the WM2003 Clock Settings considered a notification? Also, does it slow down the device speed at all? For example: if I'm playing an SNES game with MorphGear, will the game run slower when Wisbar Advance is running? I'm on an iPAQ 4150, if it matters. I'm basically looking for any possible reason NOT to get Wisbar Advance and see if any of those reasons are important enough to prevent me from installing it. I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks!

Sydney Bristow
05-29-2004, 12:15 AM
I really want to know exactly what Wisbar Advance disalows me to do when I install it... I recently did that registry hack thing that fixed alarms in WM2003, and it works beautifully. For the past two weeks it's gone off every day. Now with Wisbar Advance, it says notifications don't work... Is a regular daily alarm set in the WM2003 Clock Settings considered a notification? Also, does it slow down the device speed at all? For example: if I'm playing an SNES game with MorphGear, will the game run slower when Wisbar Advance is running? I'm on an iPAQ 4150, if it matters. I'm basically looking for any possible reason NOT to get Wisbar Advance and see if any of those reasons are important enough to prevent me from installing it. I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks!

Well, I own HP iPAQ 4150 as well, and my Morphgear GBA emulator integrates perfectly well with the Wisbar Advance...:)

Personally, I haven't come across any problem with WA, though I do wish that there would be some more nicer skins out...^^

Kowalski
05-29-2004, 09:04 AM
I do wish that there would be some more nicer skins out...^^
it has a good set of skinks which are pretty nice for me. the one i use nicely blends with my today image
also you can make your own skins very easly.

the-mang
05-29-2004, 01:56 PM
I have an a716 and I notice that WisBar Advance blocks my WiFi meter utility that Asus runs when I connect.....

Don't Panic!
05-29-2004, 03:07 PM
I really want to know exactly what Wisbar Advance disalows me to do when I install it... I recently did that registry hack thing that fixed alarms in WM2003, and it works beautifully. For the past two weeks it's gone off every day. Now with Wisbar Advance, it says notifications don't work... [snip]I believe they're talking about the pop-up box that would come up as a notification, the sounds and blinking light should not be affected.

Don't Panic!
Bobby