View Full Version : Unresolved file

GeorgeRe
05-27-2004, 11:59 PM
I'm using ActiveSync 3.7.1. It tells me that there is "1 unresolved item" in "Files". The "Resolve Items..." link fails to resolve the conflict. I've played with the Options, but I can't get it to resolve. I see no way to find out what file it can't resolve, which might give me a clue in how to fix this.

Brad Adrian
05-28-2004, 02:39 AM
I was recently stuck in the same kind of situation, and it can be really frustrating. About the only way to figure it out is to open File Explorer on your Pocket PC and Explorer on your PC (in the "My_Device" My Documents folder) and do a line-by-line comparison. If all else fails (and I know this is a pain), with your Pocket PC continuously synching, delete one of the files in the "My_Device" My Documents folder and see if it effects the status of the conflict notification.

Jeff Rutledge
05-28-2004, 03:36 AM
One thing I've done in the past is to force all the Files to be resynchronized. With my iPAQ docked, I move all the files from my Pocket_PC My Documents folder to a temp folder. ActiveSync will then remove all the files from my device, so I wait for that process to complete. Then I move them back. I find that this usually fixes the unresolved item.

Oreocat
05-28-2004, 01:08 PM
You may have already fixed it by now :) but I've had this happen a couple of times with both my Axim and my Asus.

For me, I've found that disconnecting the ppc from the cradle for a few seconds, then reinserting it, seems to knock the resolved item into line.

Probably not the best solution, but it's fast, and it works (for me anyway :))

Good luck!