View Full Version : Help - Appointment times screwed up!

karinatwork
05-27-2004, 05:32 PM
Something strange is happening to my pocket pc. I set a new appointment while I am at the office, and by the time I get home and sync my pocket pc to my computer at home, the appointment has shifted down one hour. So a meeting that was at 2 PM will now appear to be at 3 PM. This is very annoying and very dangerous. I noticed the problem after I missed a couple of appointments... :oops:

Both computers are on the same time zone. I did make sure of that. I don't know what else the problem could be.

I am using Outlook on both desktop computers, and in addition to that Kitara Genesis on my pocket pc.

Thanks for any advice how to fix the problem!

K.

baker
05-27-2004, 05:38 PM
Something's in the water...my all day events sometimes span two days now and my timezones on each PC are the same with the PPC.

Kacey Green
05-27-2004, 05:41 PM
have you check the "Home" and "Visiting" sections of the PPC clock app?

karinatwork
05-27-2004, 05:46 PM
Yeah. Checked that. Everything seems to be correct. My visiting time is European, so if this was mixed up my appointments would shift 9 hours, not just one.

It's so dumb. I hate that this is happening. One of the most important tools for me is not functioning properly. :cry:

Kacey Green
05-27-2004, 06:03 PM
My mom was having this problem all of a sudden with her X5, when she moved from home to work and back (she wouldn't let us help her [my dad and I] she just stopped syncing at work, which I'm sure you don't want to do)

Janak Parekh
05-30-2004, 04:24 AM
Does this only happen if you add the appointment at work? What about the other direction?

(Probably obvious, but make sure the Daylight Saving setting matches across-the-board, not just the timezone.)

FWIW, I sync with two machines and have never had this happen.

--janak

karinatwork
05-30-2004, 06:34 AM
Yes. When I set an appointment at work, it will be one hour later on my pocket pc, even before I sync at home. I just noticed that.

I do have automatic setting for daylight savings time set on my pc, how can I check for that on my pocket pc??

Is it maybe connected to the fact that both pc's are set to Canadian standard, but the pocket pc is set on American English (because I like the choice of date displays better)?

Thanks for you help!

K.

Janak Parekh
05-30-2004, 06:51 AM
I do have automatic setting for daylight savings time set on my pc, how can I check for that on my pocket pc??
I think it's forced on by design, actually.

Is it maybe connected to the fact that both pc's are set to Canadian standard, but the pocket pc is set on American English (because I like the choice of date displays better)?
I doubt it, especially if home syncs just fine, but you can play with that too.

--janak

karinatwork
05-30-2004, 06:58 AM
So maybe I don't have the daylight saving checked at work? :? Too bad I can't make sure of that until Monday. In the meantime I have set a few test appointments from my pocket pc and from my home computer (cleverly doubling the exact time they were set in the note of the appointment, too!! 8) and I am going to observe that.
The daylight thingy makes a lot of sense, that would explain why all birthdays always last for two days, althought they are all day events and have no time set (but somehow the computer might start them at midnight on the first day and end them at 1:00 AM on the other day... or something like that.

IT DRIVES ME NUTS. Now I have to call my doctor to make sure that the appointment I have on Tuesday actually IS at 3:00 PM and not at 2:00 PM. I am going to throw this whole thing out of the window and go back my pen and paper. :bad-words:

Janak Parekh
05-30-2004, 07:03 AM
So maybe I don't have the daylight saving checked at work? :?
Entirely possible.

IT DRIVES ME NUTS. Now I have to call my doctor to make sure that the appointment I have on Tuesday actually IS at 3:00 PM and not at 2:00 PM. I am going to throw this whole thing out of the window and go back my pen and paper. :bad-words:
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. :(

--janak

karinatwork
05-31-2004, 04:16 PM
Janak: you're a genius!! :werenotworthy:

The daylight savings time setting was TOTALLY the reason of the screw up. Home computer was set on daylight savings time, office computer was not. I checked the box, and suddenly all my appointments are right again, and birthdays are not stretching over two days anymore.

Hurray! I have my trustworthy companion back!!

Thanks a bunch, Janak!

:)

Janak Parekh
05-31-2004, 04:28 PM
Janak: you're a genius!! :werenotworthy:
:oops:

Hurray! I have my trustworthy companion back!! Thanks a bunch, Janak!
Congrats. :) I know what it feels like to be missing an hour...

--janak