View Full Version : best options for wireless PPC?

cyj
05-27-2004, 04:38 AM
I've been out of touch with things for some time now, but In another month or so I need to consider whether to renew my $20 per month GPRS plan with Tmobile.

Have there been any new developments or providers with a better deal? I know GPRS is slow, but I find it's better than nothing and the price isn't bad. But if there is something new I don't know about...

Kowalski
05-28-2004, 03:29 PM
in my country gprs is the best solution because even in my campus there is no wi-fi. and 20$ seems realy good

Janak Parekh
05-30-2004, 05:20 AM
I've been out of touch with things for some time now, but In another month or so I need to consider whether to renew my $20 per month GPRS plan with Tmobile.
If the coverage is good, consider sticking with it. The next step up in the US is CDMA 1xRTT and EDGE. Both are quite a bit faster, circa 100kbps, but they're more expensive -- you're talking either use of voice minutes or at least $45 for unlimited data. (Actually, some people have managed cheap plans with Sprint's CDMA 1xRTT, but that's highly unofficial.)

--janak

cyj
05-30-2004, 09:03 PM
Okay, thanks for the advice. I'll stick with Tmobile and GPRS. Maybe next year it will be CDMA 1xRTT...

Vidge
05-30-2004, 09:19 PM
I just turned off my $20 T-M plan, since I am able to surf with the free WAP. You may want to check Howard Forums for details on how to do that. (Sorry I can't help - haven't gotten my Axim yet)