View Full Version : device overload?

rzanology
05-24-2004, 04:15 PM
Well...Before I begin let me get this out of the way. YES I have a problem, I am addicted to technology!
Any who, im looking to buy the p900 this week. It seems to be a really nice phone and I can get a good price on it. I'll be "upgrading" from my z600....although im not sure if its an upgrade. The z600 is still a very good and relatively new phone. But here lies my issue.
I've got the p900, my 2215, a blackberry (damn that thing) and I still have to have my dsc-t1 on my at all times. OH MY!!! Is this is case of device overload? I must admit, and I can honestly say this with out BS'ing, I really do use all my devices everyday.
When I get the p900 I imagine i'll be playing with that a lot more than my z600, I use my ipaq on the train for movies and music, as well as school work, appointments and contacts. I tried to take at lease 5 pics a day with the dsc-t1 (im trying to get into that as a hobby.) And my blackberry is for work...so you know that never stops going off.
Is this too much? I often think that to myself while strapping on the bat utility belt in the morning, but if I should (and it has happen) leave one thing home...my day is over! I feel down and naked :(. Any one else feel my glory/pain?

Brad Adrian
05-24-2004, 05:06 PM
I wouldn't say that you're necessarily overloaded, but you most definitely a member of the W?BIC! Club (Why? Because I Can!)

At times, I think we all feel like you do, that there's no single device that can meet all our needs. I usually have to make a decision about the likelihood that I'll need a given device on a given day, and then make do with that decision.

The other thing that helps is having a SCOTTeVEST! That way, I can carry several of my toys without looking like Batman.

Vincent M Ferrari
05-24-2004, 08:47 PM
I feel the same way...

On any given day I have:

128 mg thumbdrive
Ipaq 2215 (and a Socket WiFi card)
Nokia 3650
15gb Ipod
12" Ibook

I mean, there has to be help for people like us somewhere....

Zack Mahdavi
05-24-2004, 11:01 PM
Yes, I also feel the exact same way:

When I go on airplane trips, I occasionally get stopped by security because my check-in luggage is like a Radioshack... I have approx. 7 different chargers in there for my various devices.

I always carry around these devices in my pockets: iPaq 4155, SE T610, and a 128MB thumb drive. Occasionally, I'll have my laptop embraced on my back as well.

I sometimes feel like a true geek... oh wait, I'm a CS major. :way to go:

Janak Parekh
05-29-2004, 07:35 PM
The other thing that helps is having a SCOTTeVEST! That way, I can carry several of my toys without looking like Batman.
Well, we won't say what you do look like in your eVEST. :devilboy:

Seriously -- I've met Brad with his eVESTs on, and they are quite understated and don't really look that geeky. Brad's tall, though, so I think it works better on him than it would on me. ;)

--janak