View Full Version : Good Web Page Browzer

Matrixfox
05-24-2004, 01:21 AM
Mozilla Firefox go to google and type that in and download it. i love it.

Pony99CA
05-24-2004, 07:46 AM
Why not just go directly to Mozilla.org (http://www.mozilla.org)?

I've been using the Mozilla browser for a while now, and love it. I'm using the full version, not Firefox (which is still technically beta software).

Steve

Kowalski
05-27-2004, 05:58 PM
firefox is the way to go because
-very fast
-free
-light
-has very cool addons
-what else do i want???

Zack Mahdavi
05-27-2004, 06:58 PM
firefox is the way to go because
-very fast
-free
-light
-has very cool addons
-what else do i want???

1) It blocks popups.. :)
2) It has the cool Google bar.

Seriously, though. Firefox is the way to go.. :)

Jon Westfall
05-27-2004, 08:18 PM
Why not just go directly to Mozilla.org (http://www.mozilla.org)?

I've been using the Mozilla browser for a while now, and love it. I'm using the full version, not Firefox (which is still technically beta software).

Steve

I wish more people would figure out that the quickest way to a website is by using the address bar. I know some of the older generation that believe the only way to get to their favorite websites is to go to google and type in "www.pocketpcthoughts.com"

What a waste.

billbuckner
05-27-2004, 08:18 PM
I'm happy with IE avec Google Bar. Every time I've installed another browser, my system stability went down the tubes.

Pony99CA
05-27-2004, 11:33 PM
I wish more people would figure out that the quickest way to a website is by using the address bar. I know some of the older generation that believe the only way to get to their favorite websites is to go to google and type in "www.pocketpcthoughts.com"

What a waste.
:rofl: While I'm not sure that the address bar is the quickest way to get someplace you visit regularly (bookmarks may be), using Google certainly is overkill.

However, my wish is that, when people mention a Web site, they actually give a link to it. These forums are about helping people, so why tell them about something only to make them work to find it? :roll:

If you don't know the URL, Google it yourself, go to the page, copy the URL from the address bar to the clipboard, then paste it in the post. The few extra seconds it takes you to do that will save those seconds for everybody else who reads the post and wants to check the site.

Steve

Pony99CA
05-27-2004, 11:37 PM
I'm happy with IE avec Google Bar. Every time I've installed another browser, my system stability went down the tubes.
The only browser really tied into Windows is Internet Explorer; the rest just sit on top of Windows. What browsers have you tried, and what kind of instability have you encountered?

I've been using Mozilla for a long time (version 1.1 or 1.2, I think), and I can't think of any instability that caused. A few pages don't render properly in Mozilla, so I use IE for those, but most work perfectly.

Steve

Darius Wey
05-28-2004, 01:48 AM
I've been using Mozilla for a long time (version 1.1 or 1.2, I think), and I can't think of any instability that caused. A few pages don't render properly in Mozilla, so I use IE for those, but most work perfectly.

Of course...it can only go on up. Each browser platform runs off different code so it's bound to happen, but tighter integration in the future will improve on this.

I currently have IE, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera installed for my web testing purposes. But I prefer Firefox for browsing...it's fast and does the stuff!