View Full Version : PPC turns on and stays on

baker
05-21-2004, 08:12 PM
Until about a month ago my little e310 did fine, but now it turns itself on at night and stays on. No alarms set, settings are set correctly. The today only has the regular calendar, tasks, WeatherToday and cLaunch "running. SpriteBackup runs at 4:00 AM and completes it's work. However, the device stays on. Sometimes it turns itself on during the day. Any ideas :?:

Janak Parekh
05-21-2004, 08:20 PM
Make sure that, in ActiveSync (on the Pocket PC), you are not set to sync on a schedule. To be precise, go into Tools => Options => Schedule and make sure everything is unchecked.

--janak

baker
05-21-2004, 11:05 PM
Janak, you are a master. Checked were sync with PPC when connected and when syncing remotely. I've unchecked them. I sometimes sync via IR at work instead of the cradle, but never bothered entering the schedule tab and just used the AS sync button. Thanks. :)

Janak Parekh
05-22-2004, 04:34 AM
Congrats. :) Pocket PC 2002 was broken in defaulting to this behavior, and it nearly drove me mad when I first got my iPAQ 3870. I think WM2003 defaults to scheduled syncing off...

Besides, I believe that tab is only for Mobile Information Server.

--janak

ctmagnus
05-22-2004, 05:22 AM
Regarding the Server tab, I had for a very, very long time a similar issue to baker's except my iPaq would always turn on within a minute of being turned off and it would turn itself back off according to its power managemant settings. I eventually went into the Server tab of ActiveSync and set the Sync with the server option (under the Options.. button -> Rules tab) to Manually and it hasn't happened since.