View Full Version : Software Compatibility on WM2003SE

jonathanchoo
05-20-2004, 09:27 PM
Well, I decided to start this thread as I see it is an important issue. New WM2003SE devices are starting to appear and like most OS updates, there would be some current applications and games which might not work properly on the new OS. Those with the new Axim X30, please post if any apps or games do not work.

www.PDABuyersguide.com has published a small list of apps/games that works and does not work on the new OS. I have included them here.

Apps:

Pocket MVP - runs but should switch to portrait mode before running app

Pocket TV Enterprise - runs well but has to bypass critical messages

Resco Explorer 5 - works well

Resco Picture Viewer - works

Adobe Acrobat Reader - works

NetFront 3.1 - works well as long as you turn off the Location toolbar which is huge (take up 1/3rd of the display) in VGA mode

Cirond's Pocket WiNC - works

Games:

Anthelion - controls does not work (although this might be an Axim issue)

Age Of Empires - works fine :D

Bus Em 2 - slow, then crashes

Bounty Hunter Pinball - slower than h2210

Metallion 2 - too fast (but can be fixed by slowing processor down)

Galactic Assaults - good

MorphGear - runs well, auto switch to portrait if set to landscape

Kowalski
05-22-2004, 02:27 PM
this will be a real pain because everytime a program regrets to work in landscape orientation we will have to soft reset our devices.

Kevin C. Tofel
05-22-2004, 05:27 PM
this will be a real pain because everytime a program regrets to work in landscape orientation we will have to soft reset our devices.

I don't think so.....doesn't WM2k3SE allow for changing from portrait to landscape on the fly, i.e.: without a soft reset?

KCT

disconnected
05-22-2004, 06:37 PM
Yes, but maybe some apps will hang if you inadvertantly start them in the wrong orientation, so that you might have to soft reset just to get out of them.

If there's to be a list of compatible/non-compatible software, it might be a little more complicated than previous lists because of the resolution differences in the hardware -- i.e., works but doesn't take advantage of the higher resolution.

Kowalski
05-22-2004, 09:33 PM
disconnected asnwered the question for me.
software crashes will me more frequent so we will have to soft reset our devices more than we do now.
this will effect overall stability

Kacey Green
05-23-2004, 05:09 AM
It won't really be that bad if you start any incompatible apps in portrait and keep them there, the app won't be able to tell the differance, unless you have a vga device

ctmagnus
05-23-2004, 05:21 AM
Maybe WM2k3SE is the reason WebIS Mail is taking so long to come out...