View Full Version : im a subscriber...now what?

dpixel8
05-20-2004, 04:20 PM
I have paid and everything, now how do I get the discounts and specifically the discount for the Vaja cases? Help???

Steven Cedrone
05-20-2004, 04:32 PM
The easiest way is to go to the front page. On the top left you will see a link for "Discounts". Go there...

Steve

dpixel8
05-20-2004, 04:44 PM
yeah, I did go there, but theres nothing about Vaja

dpixel8
05-20-2004, 07:09 PM
jelloooo?

Kati Compton
05-20-2004, 07:26 PM
For the Vaja coupon, you need to email jason at pocketpcthoughts dot com to request it.

OSUKid7
05-20-2004, 09:23 PM
For the Vaja coupon, you need to email jason at pocketpcthoughts dot com to request it.
That's kinda cheap. I know that's not too hard to email him, but that's one of the main things advertised for PPCT subscriptions.

Kati Compton
05-21-2004, 03:52 AM
That's kinda cheap. I know that's not too hard to email him, but that's one of the main things advertised for PPCT subscriptions.
As far as I know, he has to buy each coupon. So, if he just sends it out to people that don't use it, he's essentially thrown money away (or, if you prefer, "donated" it to Vaja).

It's not cheap, it's sensible. I don't believe that he tries to make it hard to get the coupon - he just wants to make sure that if he's going to get a coupon for someone, they're actually going to use it.

OSUKid7
05-21-2004, 03:56 AM
As far as I know, he has to buy each coupon. So, if he just sends it out to people that don't use it, he's essentially thrown money away (or, if you prefer, "donated" it to Vaja).

It's not cheap, it's sensible. I don't believe that he tries to make it hard to get the coupon - he just wants to make sure that if he's going to get a coupon for someone, they're actually going to use it.
ah, I see...well, I meant it was cheap that that was the main thing advertised, and it's not even instantly available as a "discount." It's nice that he's willing to pretty much give us money to buy a case though. Can I suggest adding a link or explanation to request that "discount" then?

Jason Dunn
05-21-2004, 04:56 AM
ah, I see...well, I meant it was cheap that that was the main thing advertised, and it's not even instantly available as a "discount."

The real problem is that every coupon code is unique - I have a big spreadsheet with 100's of codes, and I have to keep track of who they've given out to. It's very difficult to automate something like that.

It's nice that he's willing to pretty much give us money to buy a case though. Can I suggest adding a link or explanation to request that "discount" then?

Yeah, we dropped the ball here - a few weeks ago when you subscribed, you'd get an email message explaining that you'd need to request the Vaja coupon. Since we switched over to the new code base on Saturday, things have changed, and our "Quick Start" page isn't set up yet.

If you want the Vaja coupon, please email me.