View Full Version : network scanning software

bradgigalo
05-20-2004, 01:42 PM
Is there some software that will allow you to search for computers on the network? basiclyi want something I could just hit scan and it would let me know every computer on that network.

Pony99CA
05-20-2004, 02:33 PM
Is there some software that will allow you to search for computers on the network? basiclyi want something I could just hit scan and it would let me know every computer on that network.
Resco Explorer (http://www.resco-net.com/explorer.asp) will scan your network looking for computers so you can map drives. I haven't tried it on a corporate network, but it works fine on my home LAN.

Steve

Sven Johannsen
05-20-2004, 03:26 PM
vxUtil from www.cam.com and it's free. It has an IP sweep function. You do need to be on the network directly I do believe, i.e. WiFi, CF NIC, etc.

* SJC fixed link.

Pony99CA
05-20-2004, 03:54 PM
vxUtil from www.cam.com and it's free. It has an IP sweep function. You do need to be on the network directly I do believe, i.e. WiFi, CF NIC, etc.
I had checked vxUtil before I posted, and didn't see anything that would locate computers on the LAN directly.

I also don't see an IP Sweep function; did you mean the Ping Sweep? If so, that requires inputting a starting and ending IP address, which you have to find out. Resco Explorer does it "by magic". :-) (Of course, it costs $25, too, but it's a great program.)

Steve

P.S. Your URL generates a broken link because of the comma. You probably should put it in URL tags.