View Full Version : Sprite Pocket backup hangs - HELP

tanalasta
05-19-2004, 09:56 AM
Please help me here! I just installed the new version of Sprite Backup and I must have corrupted something somewhere. When I load up the program, it scans my file system (as it always does) then hangs!

I've tried soft-reset, uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail and almost everything in between.

Hard-reset and reinstall is a last resort as I don't have a valid backup.

Please help!!!

Thanks!

jkendrick
05-19-2004, 09:44 PM
I had the same problem when it conflicted with a program called MyTools. MyTools runs constantly in the background and with Sprite Backup set to stop all running processes before backing up the device would hang at this point.

I uninstalled MyTools and have no conflict anymore. If you don't have MyTools I'll bet something else is conflicting.

tanalasta
05-20-2004, 08:25 AM
I don't run MyTools but what had happened previously was I'd corrupted my storage card completely and reinstalled all my programs without hard-resetting the device. I'm sure I corrupted something in the process and it would have been impossible to work out what. It had nothing to do with the Pocketbackup program install as I had uninstalled it then manuall removed all files/registry entries for this program.

I finally gave up and hard-reset. It's about time I did it anyway! Works like a charm now 8)

Lex
05-20-2004, 11:35 AM
Your device brand and model, OS version, Sprite Backup version?

Also communicate these facts to Sprite support with an explanation. They're pretty responsive.

tanalasta
05-20-2004, 04:39 PM
Your device brand and model, OS version, Sprite Backup version?
Not that it matters as I'd already performed a hard-reset but at that point in time I was using:
My antique toshiba e310; Pocketpc 2002; SB v.3 (just downloaded) installed in main memory. I've always had a great experience with Sprite backup (saved me numerous times) so I'll write this as a once-off error that was probably my fault anyway :oops: