View Full Version : What are your BEST / FAVORITE / MOST USEFUL Categories?

wing
05-18-2004, 05:59 PM
I seem to be inventing new categories every few weeks. Usually, when multiple related items arrise in my life, it's time for a new category to sort these out.

Some end up not helping me at all, and i delete these or incorporate them into another category.

however, some are winners! yeeha! i know because i continuously access these, or they have saved me a lot of time when i infrequently access them.
does anyone use the @categories recommended in Getting Things Done by Allen? How does that work, and how do you like it?

My favorite categories include:
*SHOP GROCERIES (P stands for personal): each item has an area of the store listed at the front (eg "A can of meat," where A stands for Aisle; "B salad." where B stands for bulk foods & produce)
this allows me to pick up items from the same areas of the store, which is dandy for huge box shops.

*B Marketing, B Accounting, B Operations, etc. Instead of using "Business" as such a broad category.
I find this helps me to work more efficiently by solving all of the problems in one department before moving to the next one.

wing
05-28-2004, 06:23 AM
any TIME MANAGEMENT or ORGANIZATION freaks out there???

hellllllllo?????

(echo echo echo...)

Janak Parekh
05-30-2004, 05:48 AM
I seem to be inventing new categories every few weeks. Usually, when multiple related items arrise in my life, it's time for a new category to sort these out.
I also use fairly broad categories, which work very well: Personal, Work, Reference, Family, PPCT, etc. I find more specific ones are a little too much for me, but to each their own. :)

--janak

ctmagnus
05-30-2004, 06:02 AM
I used to have a whack of categories that I used for everything. I eventually felt that I was starting to micromanage everything on my iPaq so I whittled them down to around 20, which fits nicely in Pocket Informant's category picker.

My most used categories are Business, Computing, Entertainment, Maintenance Tasks, Wireless and of course Pocket PC.

Steven Cedrone
06-04-2004, 06:53 PM
Posts about "Ducks" moved here:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28712

Steve