View Full Version : Icon Sets Compatible?

Oreocat
05-18-2004, 01:00 AM
Does anyone know if the PI and AF icon sets might be compatible with other programs?

I hate to ask this, but I have ScaryBear's SuperCalendar, and while I love it, I'd like to add 8-10 more icons, but they don't have the ones I want/need.

They do give info on how to make more, but after several hours worth of searching and trying things out, I haven't been able to do this, so I'm giving up on making my own :evil:

I'm certainly not thrilled with paying for an entire set when I only need 8-10 icons, but at least if I know they're compatible, I can go from there...

ctmagnus
05-18-2004, 02:28 AM
It should work. The way PI's icons work is they're all bmp files in the directory \My Documents\WebIS\Icons and iirc AF uses a similar scheme also using bmp files. If SuperCalendar also uses bmp files in a specific directory as icons, then you're good to go.

The only thing I can think of that may cause problems is that the installers may want to create the icons in a specific directory on the Pocket PC. In this case, you can just move them to the directory containing your other icons.

Video11
05-18-2004, 02:44 AM
Yep, should work. I hate to admit it as a dedicated PI user, but I am still using some icons from the trial of AF that I installed a while ago. Just had to copy the icon files into the right location for PI to find them and away I went.

Oreocat
05-18-2004, 02:49 AM
SuperCalendar does use bmp files as well, so now I just need to make sure they use the same size, and decide which is the better value...

Thanks ctmagnus, I really appreciate the help :)

Oreocat
05-18-2004, 02:54 AM
Thanks video11, it's nice to know that someone else has actually done this, and had it work, albeit unplanned :)

Pony99CA
05-18-2004, 08:36 AM
SuperCalendar does use bmp files as well, so now I just need to make sure they use the same size, and decide which is the better value...
Why not try my free Pocket Informant icons (http://downloads.svpocketpc.com#ICONS) and see if they work before you pay any money. :-)

Steve

Oreocat
05-18-2004, 10:51 AM
You know what Pony99CA? I saw you mention them when I was researching yesterday, and I *did* try to get them (twice even), but for some reason, they wouldn't download yesterday :confused totally: and then I...forgot about them. I just tried again and got them this time.

Unfortunately, they're 12 x 12, SuperCalendar uses 9 x 9, and I can't get them small enough without distorting them beyond recognition.

However, I was able to get some icons that I think will do, if I can ever get them to *work*!

But thanks for the reminder though, because I did want to try yours :)

Pony99CA
05-18-2004, 12:16 PM
You know what Pony99CA? I saw you mention them when I was researching yesterday, and I *did* try to get them (twice even), but for some reason, they wouldn't download yesterday :confused totally: and then I...forgot about them. I just tried again and got them this time.
The link wasn't working yesterday, which is why you couldn't get them. When I switched Web forwarding services, I found that my new one doesn't work like my old one, which caused some links to break. I thought I'd found them all, but I was wrong. :oops:

Unfortunately, they're 12 x 12, SuperCalendar uses 9 x 9, and I can't get them small enough without distorting them beyond recognition.
I can imagine. It was hard enough making them 12 x 12; chopping another 25% would be difficult.

However, I was able to get some icons that I think will do, if I can ever get them to *work*!
I'm glad you found something that may work. Good luck with them.

Steve