View Full Version : Disable Blinking LED Lights

yanathin
05-17-2004, 03:39 PM
Is there a way to disable the blinking LED lights fore Bluetooth/WiFi on my iPAQ 4150? When im in a dark place it looks like one of those towers with the red blinking lights on top. Haha, i dont think airplanes will have to worry about flying into my pocket pc. I also want to leave Bluetooth on all the time, but that stupid light in stopping me. I'd appreciate any help... Thanks! :D

Robb Bates
05-17-2004, 04:01 PM
There was a discussion about this before. Do a search for it. But I think the ultimate solution was either a piece of tape or a black marker over the LED.

Robb

Kowalski
05-17-2004, 11:30 PM
there is another way!
you can open up the case,replace the led by an smd resistor and the light wont bother you again.
this is not hard as it sounds. if you think of doing this i will be glad to help you

Steven Cedrone
05-18-2004, 05:02 AM
you can open up the case,replace the led by an smd resistor and the light wont bother you again.

If I can go out on a limb here, I would venture to guess that this might void any warranty in place on the device... :wink:

Steve

yanathin
05-18-2004, 05:45 AM
Hmm, I could have sworn there was a program out there that disabled 'em, though.. Come to think of it, it was a plug-in for something. I think it was for Pocket IE. The plug-in also had the ability to store temporary internet files on the Storage Card, too. Wait, why am I posting this when I should be looking for that program? I'll do that right now... And if anybody else finds it before me, let me know. I doubt I'll be able to locate it again.

EDIT: Five minutes later... ah HAH! Found it! It's called Pocket Tools 2.2, and it's over on PocketGear. Here's a link (http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=13381). No wonder nobody's heard of it.. only 27 downloads. Hmm, make that 28. :wink:

EDIT #2: Darn, that option doesn't seem to work on my 4150. Arrgh... Oh well, it's got some other pretty nifty stuff...

Kowalski
05-18-2004, 09:43 AM
when i was a kid all my toys were end up in pieces only in afew days.
this is the habit i have for a very long time. i opened my 2215 as i saw the instructions on a website just for fun
since i am studen of engineering of electronics this gives me courage

Robb Bates
05-18-2004, 02:22 PM
EDIT: Five minutes later... ah HAH! Found it! It's called Pocket Tools 2.2, and it's over on PocketGear.

Beware, it might turn off the amber LED but it might not turn off the Blue one. I suspect the Blue LED might be set up to blink when the radio is turned on and might be a hardware only thing. i.e. no access to it via software.

Robb

Kacey Green
05-19-2004, 03:32 AM
Robb Bates, not quite, The iPAQ self test included in ROM 1.10 lets you blink both lights. at least the one on the h2200s anyway