View Full Version : Retrieving V35 info from Desktop

Bajan_gal
05-17-2004, 03:31 PM
Hi
My V35 broke down and there were some very important phone numbers and dates that I had hotsynced to the desktop. Is there any way that I can retrieve a hard copy of this information from the desktop? :|
I am totally lost at what to do.

Thanks

Pony99CA
05-17-2004, 05:14 PM
My V35 broke down and there were some very important phone numbers and dates that I had hotsynced to the desktop. Is there any way that I can retrieve a hard copy of this information from the desktop? :|
If you have synchronized (not "hot synced" -- that's Palm term, I believe :-)) your data, you should be able to view it in the Contacts section of Outlook. You can also print your Contacts in Outlook.

Steve

Bajan_gal
05-20-2004, 04:50 AM
Thanks for the the response. I know the the word 'synchronize' but at the time it was far from my memory. Anyhoo, I checked Outlook and none of my contacts are there. There is no way for me to synchronize again because the PDA is broken down. Any other suggestions?

Pony99CA
05-20-2004, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the the response. I know the the word 'synchronize' but at the time it was far from my memory. Anyhoo, I checked Outlook and none of my contacts are there. There is no way for me to synchronize again because the PDA is broken down. Any other suggestions?
You said you had synchronized, right? If you had, your calendar and contacts should have been synchronized with Outlook unless you turned that off. Did you have contact and calendar synchronization turned on?

You never told us how your V35 broke, though. As I said, if it's just a broken screen, as long as you kept it charged, the data should still be there and you can synchronize them to Outlook.

If your V35 lost power and you hadn't synced (or if you turned calendar and contact syncing off), then your data are probably gone.

The one hope is if you did a backup of your V35. If you backed it up, you can restore everything.

Steve