View Full Version : Current Leading Software

Weyoun6
05-16-2004, 10:06 PM
Hi Guys - I just got a cheap pda. So I was wondering what is the current "required" software

I own a copy of Agenda Fusion 4 - Is it the current leader? Should I upgrade to 6 or should I get Pocket Informant?

What is the current video player - is there a newer version of pocketdivx and is their any video player that supports xvid?

Any new or good software I should know about - I have been out of circulation since september of last year.

Is HPCnotes still worthwhile to use?

Thanks for the help.

Lex
05-17-2004, 12:54 PM
Welcome back. Opinion: If you have 'Agenda Fusion', you have a great PIM. Not enough difference to justify switching to -any- other, given the cost and learning curve. You might check the www.developerone.com site to see if your version is suitable vs. their latest, or possibly you'd be allowed to upgrade to their last free upgrade.

I recommend you try 'Wisbar Advance' for all the colorful functionality it brings to the top and bottom bars. www.lakeridgesoftware.com
See lots of neat skins for WA at: http://www.kolumbus.fi/anders.ruohio/wa.html

I use 'ap Memo+' for alarm notes and 'apReminder+' which brings repeat alarm capability to the PPC. Search www.freewareppc.com for those.

Resco Explorer is my file explorer and has a great encryption tool built in. www.resco-net.com/explorer.asp

Enjoy!

Ripper014
05-17-2004, 04:58 PM
PocketDivX no longer exists... it is now under a new name "PocketMVP"... I personally still like it, but the current flavour of the day may be "BetaPlayer" it is also a free video player available at http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php.

I have upgraded to the new Agenda Fusion... and though it is different I like it. I believe it is faster than the older version so that in itself makes it worth while.

If you are looking for a music player/streaming audio... then I would suggest GSPlayer... you can find it at the site I listed above. You will probably want to re-skin the default since it is rather bland... if you do a search at this site you will find a thread that will lead you to other available skins.

I also recommend that you get WisBar Advanced as your taskmanager...