View Full Version : Battery Pack Pro Upgrade?

Zack Mahdavi
05-16-2004, 07:24 PM
So after OmegaOne surprised the Battery Pack community by releasing "Battery Pack Pro" and charging existing payers $5 for it, things have become calm again.

How many of you all upgraded to Battery Pack Pro? If so, what do you think of it? Is it worth the extra $5?

AggieJon
05-17-2004, 12:17 AM
Actually, this was the little push I needed to check out other programs. I've used Battery Pack since my first pocket pc, but I figured if I'm gonna have to pay more, I might as well see what else is out there. :roll:
I decided on Spb's Pocket Plus and I have to say that I like it a lot better, except for the absence of the little down arrow that Battery Pack has next to the close button. PP has a similar function, but I liked the arrow better. But all the extra stuff PP has makes up for it! :D

Personally, I think it was a bad move on the part of Omega One. I understand that they need to make a profit, and I wasn't upset about the upgrade fee, but it was enough to make me switch to something else.

Zack Mahdavi
05-17-2004, 07:45 AM
Thanks AggieJon,

Yeah, after reading so many positive reviews of SPB Pocket Plus 2.0 here, I've been thinking about trying it out. Now only if they offer CAB downloads... 8O

Zack Mahdavi
05-20-2004, 05:21 AM
Okay, after trying out SPB Pocket Plus for a few days, I'll also be purchasing Pocket Plus when my trial runs out. I really like the repeating alarms, the new Today program bar, and the close menu.

One thing that really annoys me is that the "close menu" doesn't allow you to close an application straight from the menu. You have to click the application, and once the application has reloaded, then you can click the X. I like Battery Bar's implementation where every program in the menu had an X by it.

That's one small gripe. But all in all, I really think SPB Pocket Plus is well worth the money!