View Full Version : Difference among devices operating systems?

Aerestis
05-16-2004, 07:07 AM
I got a tungsten E a few months ago, and I sort of hate it. It made me assume that all palm devices are stupid and annoying. But did any of you know that some sony clie devices are different from the tungsten E? They make palms look so cool. I was blown away by how cool it was. In fact, I want to buy one right now, but I am more excited about how cool the Toshiba models are. And I'm poor, heh.

Anyhow, the reason I start this thread is to ask if there are differences like this among ppc devices? On the clie there was this great application navigator, beautiful interface, and other cool things. If you take a toshiba e805 and an iPAQ 4xxx or something, would there be differences?

In the future I plan on buying a ppc, but now that I see that they might have their own advantages depending on how their OS functions and stuff, I really have no idea which one I might want. If they don't vary much at all, then it's not a big deal. As far as I know, ppc's generally look and act the same if they have the same os, right?

If they don't vary now, is there any chance that they might in the future? I would love it so much if you could choose the form of your os to a great extent. I've seen wisbar and stuff, but it's nothing like the changes I saw on the clie.

(Sorry for talking about palms so much :) )

Kowalski
05-16-2004, 09:39 AM
the difference between palm and ppc devices is like microsoft and linux.
microsoft operating systems are like eachother and if you get used to one the others seems pretty simple. but when it comes to linux there are so many different versions and all the versions have their different set of sotware.
yes there are some bundle software for different brands and different devices but they look identical with so little differences and this wont bother you.
but in palm world there are different versions of OS and i find this very stupid because when a new version comes some companies continue to make devices built in older version of OS