View Full Version : Where are Nevo settings stored on 2200?

QYV
05-16-2004, 06:14 AM
I had to hard reset my iPAQ 2200 the other day. I've never bothered to back up the entire device on any of my Pocket PCs because I only have a couple of apps to reinstall, and all my other data just syncs back (Outlook and Files). However, I was dismayed to notice that my laboriously-created Nevo settings vanished when the 2200 was hard reset, even once all my other data was synced back onto the device. It took me forever to get it set up again, and it's still not completely back to normal, I don't think, so I'm really interested in figuring out how to avoid this in the future.

The obvious first place I looked was in the Nevo folder that gets created in My Documents on the iPAQ when you first launch Nevo, but no files show up in that folder or the subfolders underneath it. I also noticed after poking around randomly in the iPAQ file store (in ROM) that there's a Nevo folder structure there as well that looks identical to the one in My Docs, but again nothing shows up in the folder or subfolders.

So, anyone got any idea where the Nevo settings live, so I could back just those up? There are times when I want to hard reset to clear up a problem, and in those cases I don't want to do a full restore from an ActiveSync or other backup, so it'd be great to just have the Nevo files by themselves.

jnajera
05-16-2004, 06:20 AM
Nevo settins are usually stored in the file store and do not have to be reconfigered.

Kowalski
05-16-2004, 09:36 AM
all the nevo settings are stored in the rom and you cant change the location even if you want to!

dhettel
05-16-2004, 03:06 PM
My experience is when you download a file from the Nevo site it is copied to the Nevo sub folder in My Documents. And then Nevo copies it to the iPAQ file Store area when it is run. Is it possible that your iPAQ File store area is corrupt? As a simple test try copying a few images to it, and see if they remain in the file store area, after a soft reset or two. Also check that you have show all files enabled in Pocket File Explorer. Tap and hold on the white space at the bottom of a file explorer page.

Rudolf
05-17-2004, 07:58 AM
Actually the 1.00 ROM stored it in the iPAQ filestore, however that is changed with 1.10 ROM. 1.10 stores iy in RAM (in My Documents folder).
If you have updated your ROM image to 1.10, you have lost also the content of the filestore too.

QYV
05-18-2004, 02:13 AM
If you have updated your ROM image to 1.10, you have lost also the content of the filestore too.

:oops:

That's exactly what happened! I didn't even think about including that in my descrption, but that would zap the file store (of course).

Thanks for the help, all!