View Full Version : start up problems with hp/ipaq conversion to mp3 function

adwyer
05-12-2004, 09:28 PM
i am a complete rookie with my recent gift of a 5500 ipaq and especially in getting it to function as an mp3 player.
i was given pocketmusic mp3, ogg, wma player bundle and have got it downloaded to my ipaq - no luck in synchronizing cd tracks on my desk top to my ipaq.
please send me :
*the other programs i need
* the simple step by step recipe to achieve my goal of getting tracks from my cd to my ipaq.
many many thanks - i will appreciate all the help i can get,
tony - a cluelees rookie
:? :?

Janak Parekh
05-13-2004, 04:02 AM
Before you go further, do you have a memory card? That is, by far, the easiest way to use a Pocket PC to play music. In fact, the best way is to use a desktop reader to copy music onto a folder on the memory card. Then, stick in the memory card in the Pocket PC, open up PocketMusic, and just open the files from the "Storage Card".

--janak

Don't Panic!
05-13-2004, 08:25 PM
After looking around awhile I've gone back to using MusicMatch Jukebox for ripping MP3's from CDs. I still use Janak's method too! Getting a card reader and copying and pasting with the PC's file explorer is much faster than any programs transfer to device option.MusicMatch Jukebox can be downloaded here (http://www.musicmatch.com/).

Don't Panic!
Bobby