View Full Version : How to delete all the data on my SD Card

masta
05-11-2004, 09:29 PM
I have installed TOM TOM cards om my SD card. Now the card has been used for 114 MB (of the 256 MB). But I can not see any data. Now I want to empty the SD card or format it. How do I have to do this. Or is it possibel to delete all the dat from teh SD card in some way.

Anyone some advise?

Jeff Rutledge
05-11-2004, 09:43 PM
The easiest way is to use a Card Reader on your PC. Then you would format it like any other removable disk.

Otherwise, check out Flash Format. You can find it on Handango.

Good Luck.

Mitch D
05-12-2004, 03:27 AM
I have installed TOM TOM cards om my SD card. Now the card has been used for 114 MB (of the 256 MB). But I can not see any data. Now I want to empty the SD card or format it. How do I have to do this. Or is it possibel to delete all the dat from teh SD card in some way.

Anyone some advise?

Sounds like the files are in a format that your Axim is not designed to read outside the Tom Tom program. You could format it (as suggested by JR) or use one of the file explorer programs such as Resco Explorer to view what is on the card provided the card is not corrupt.

Kowalski
05-22-2004, 03:22 PM
having a card reader is good. this happened to me a couple of times and the only solution was using my reader
plus you can copy big files with no pain