View Full Version : Motorola V600 & Bluetooth w/ iPAQ

jeremyweisser
05-11-2004, 12:42 AM
Hi,

I just ordered myself the new Motorola V600 from AT&T which if anyone did not already know is Bluetooth ready.

Does anyone here have the V600? If so are you using it with your Pocket PC?

I am not 100% sure I am keeping the phone though I desperately want a flip phone to replace my T616 which I always forget to lock before placing in my pocket.

If anyone else out there is using it I would really appreciate an answer to the following questions:

1. Does using the device as a dial up modem work well on the PPC?
2. Are you able to synch contacts back and forth between the phone and PPC?
3. Can I send pictures and files between the phone and my iPAQ over BT?

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy

jeremyweisser
05-11-2004, 12:47 AM
Ok, so I just saw the post below about the V500 but I would still appreciate it if anyone out there who is using the V600 would ring in with their experience.

spontaneous
05-11-2004, 07:08 AM
I can't answer all the questions, but question #3. My co-worker just got his V600 today, and I hooked up to the phone with my H4155. I could associate and see the folders. Audio, Video, Pictures. He took a picture with the built in camera(640x480) and I could just copy and paste the image file to my H4155. pretty fast....

jeremyweisser
05-11-2004, 03:27 PM
great, thats one of the things i use the most. i appreciate the response.
any idea if sending contacts from the ppc to the phone works?

robfogle
05-11-2004, 03:29 PM
I also just got a V600 and found that you can do The following:

1. For the dial up modem connection I found a solution for the GSM/GPRS data connection for Ipaq to V600. It is an application from Pocket Presence called Live Data Pack. It has a reasonable cost with several very good features. There is a Demo version available to see if it works with your PPC and V600. It was very easy to configure and setup on my Ipaq 2215 to V600 Phone. After trying many recomendations this was the only way I found to get both the gsm and gprs data connections to work.

You can Get it at Handango (http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?productType=2&optionId=1_2_2&jid=8CXBF3CCA57617F163438875AA33B5X8&platformId=2&siteId=1&productId=92148&sectionId=0&catalog=30&txtSearch=gprs) or Pocket Presence (http://www.pocketpresence.com/ldp.asp)

You will need the GSM/GPRS settings from your Carrier.

GPRS you will need :
APN (Access point name)
IP Settings
Access phone number ( usually something like *99# or *777)
Carrier Login information (ID and Password)

GSM you will need:
Dial in number
IP settings
ISP Login Information (ID and Password)

2. I am not aware of any way to sync between the v600 and the PPC.

3. You can setup and obex file transer connection to the v600 from the PPC to transfer files.

Good Luck
Rob

baldr
05-11-2004, 03:56 PM
I am working on Motorola and with V600 phones... :)
Let me give an answer.
1) Yes. It works great. Both CSD and GPRS data transfer are work good. I am connecting from my hp h2210 via GPRS and Bluetooth. One thing - if the phone was not used for a long time - it would be more useful to restart it (or set OFF then ON the Bluetooth) to more quickly phone responding.
2) NO. As far as I know it is unavailable to transfer contacts.
3) Sure YES! :) OBEX transfer is works fine. :)

jeremyweisser
05-14-2004, 04:47 PM
Well I finally received my phone last night and I have to say that it is pretty slick. I like the form factor a lot better than my T616 and the only thing I am really disappointed about is the fact that I can't send contacts between my PPC and the phone over BT.

Otherwise everything else works great including the dial up modem connection and file transfer.

Thanks for all your input,
Jeremy