View Full Version : Journal Bar or other?

Carcharios
05-09-2004, 04:54 PM
Can anyone recommend a decent weather / stocks/ news software program? I was looking to purchase Journal Bar but I"m not certain yet on which program to purchase. Any suggestions?

DC

Kacey Green
05-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Journal bar does what it is supposed to but it left me with a bad taste, because it comes with too much stuff, a calculator, program manager, battery monitor, etc., most of wich are trials.

Zack Mahdavi
05-09-2004, 06:18 PM
I HIGHLY recommend JournalBar. It's by far the best Stock & Weather program out there. In the past, there were some memory leak issues with it, but OmegaOne was quick to fix the problem. Journal Bar also sells an expansion pack for Journal Bar, but I avoided getting it at the time. Also, if you're a subscriber, you can get a discount off of an OmegaOne program.

Journal bar does what it is supposed to but it left me with a bad taste, because it comes with too much stuff, a calculator, program manager, battery monitor, etc., most of wich are trials.

Kacey, those are other program trials they include with the Journal Bar demo. You only need to install Journal Bar to try it out.

dh
05-09-2004, 06:59 PM
I've been using JB since I first got my Axim, I also use Bettery Pack from the same company.

JB works very well 99% of the time. Every now and again, it goes a few days refusing to update - going through this right now as it happens.

I like the weather part, the icons are small enough not to clutter my screen too much. It's also quite customisable in terms of what news you can download. They have an add-on with many more news sites to choose from. I'm pretty sure there's a trial so why not check it out?

And yes, as Kacey said, you have the option to try a bunch of other stuff as well. Just deselect all these options, unless you really want them.

Dermot81
05-09-2004, 07:59 PM
Oh phew, I thought it was just me, yeah JB has refused to update the last few days, is this normal?

cml
05-09-2004, 10:00 PM
I can recommend Jouranl Bar as well. As mentioned by others, my biggest issue with it is that every once in a while, it just refuses to update. I've found the best way around this is to uninstall/reinstall the product, and then it starts updating fine. Other than this annoyance, it is a very informative and easy to use -- try it out, see if you like it.

Carcharios
05-09-2004, 11:20 PM
I decided to puchase it. It does appear to have it all. Thanks again.

DC

JustMe
05-11-2004, 03:04 AM
I tried the latest version and there was a memory leak issue.

JM

Stephen Beesley
05-11-2004, 12:10 PM
I can recommend Jouranl Bar as well. As mentioned by others, my biggest issue with it is that every once in a while, it just refuses to update. I've found the best way around this is to uninstall/reinstall the product, and then it starts updating fine. Other than this annoyance, it is a very informative and easy to use -- try it out, see if you like it.

I have had this problem as well with Journal Bar and found that tapping on the "update format" button and then resyncing my device usually fixes the problem.

cml
05-11-2004, 01:01 PM
I have had this problem as well with Journal Bar and found that tapping on the "update format" button and then resyncing my device usually fixes the problem.

I've tried this sometimes, and it has worked once or twice, but usually it seems to require the uninstall/reinstall for me (again last night, for example!).

pr0vider
05-13-2004, 03:17 AM
I'm probably a bit late on this, but check out stocksandweathertoday.com