View Full Version : 1935 not as fast as it used to be

tdrake
05-09-2004, 05:38 AM
my ppc - ipaq 1935 -- seems to be slow lately, especially when opening a word document or playing regular old pac-man.

I have taken a lot of stuff off it -- but is there something else I need to do? I have a full battery charge and have softreset a couple times.

Even with just the word application running it seems to take forever to pull up a document and then when i hit view to shrink the size or fit it to a window it is a good 10-15 seconds before anything happens.

Thanks for any response.

Pony99CA
05-09-2004, 06:18 AM
my ppc - ipaq 1935 -- seems to be slow lately, especially when opening a word document or playing regular old pac-man.

I have taken a lot of stuff off it -- but is there something else I need to do? I have a full battery charge and have softreset a couple times.

Even with just the word application running it seems to take forever to pull up a document and then when i hit view to shrink the size or fit it to a window it is a good 10-15 seconds before anything happens.
Things to check:

Do you have programs in the Startup folder that always run and take up CPU time?
How much Program Memory do you have available?
Have you cleared your temporary files and Internet cache?

The last two probably won't matter as you freed some space up, but the first item could be affecting you.

Steve

tdrake
05-09-2004, 06:51 AM
How do I check the startup thing? As to the other two - i know they are clear.

Thanks

Kacey Green
05-09-2004, 07:07 AM
how about temp files in nonstandard folders?
TextMaker never seems to clean up after itself always leaving files in the "Temp" folder

Pony99CA
05-09-2004, 07:36 AM
How do I check the startup thing? As to the other two - i know they are clear.
Use a file explorer to look in the \Windows\StartUp folder.

Steve

Pony99CA
05-09-2004, 07:39 AM
how about temp files in nonstandard folders?
TextMaker never seems to clean up after itself always leaving files in the "Temp" folder
The Temp folder is a standard folder, and was what I was referring to when I mentioned temporary files. It often gets polluted with lots of .tmp files.

Steve

Kacey Green
05-09-2004, 04:37 PM
two seperat thoughts hence, the carriage return

tdrake
05-09-2004, 05:30 PM
It does not appear i have anything in the startup folder either. I did a soft reset and redownloaded activesync last night. I also did a full backup and the problem seems to have dissappeared.

Thanks for your help.