View Full Version : Re-install

karz
05-08-2004, 06:43 PM
hi, is it possible to format iPQA 1945, and install its original OS; just like a desktop pc. where do i find the OS...its not included in my HP cd

Is it true that Win OS 2003 SE is due to release in couple of months.... do we have to pay for it?

Steven Cedrone
05-08-2004, 06:49 PM
hi, is it possible to format iPQA 1945, and install its original OS; just like a desktop pc. where do i find the OS...its not included in my HP cd

Is it true that Win OS 2003 SE is due to release in couple of months.... do we have to pay for it?

If you do a hard reset, you will have a factory fresh device. Unless you are talking about trying to go back to a previous version after a ROM update...

As far as paying for 2003SE goes, that's up to your device manufacturer...

Steve

Kacey Green
05-08-2004, 07:00 PM

It's not easy to format the iPAQ ROM but you would do this to install Linux.
If you want to get the machine to be like new you can to a hard reset (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25724).

It is true that WM 2003 SE will be released on devices in a few months, it is already out for the device manufactures though. There are rumors the certain iPAQs will not get updated yours included, and more recently even mine, Rex (see my sig).

Depending on the critera that the manufacture puts forth, you may or may not have to pay.

Kacey Green
05-08-2004, 07:03 PM
@steve:
Sorry for repeting things you said steve, I was typing my reply when yours was posted.

Pony99CA
05-09-2004, 05:11 AM
@steve:
Sorry for repeting things you said steve, I was typing my reply when yours was posted.
Yes, but use the Edit function to make that known. There is no reason for a second post to apologize.

Steve

Kacey Green
05-09-2004, 06:17 AM
that's the wrong steve :twak: , but point taken

karz
05-09-2004, 10:50 AM
i would be really crossed if they dont realses Win2003SE for 1945 mod.
the new OS have really cool features. i guess i really have to wait and c.

and thanx for the info on factory restore. i dont wanna do it now. just for gen knowlwdge. this is my first PPC...so guys dont get angry if u ever get stupid que frm me :)

thanx again for ur help.

Janak Parekh
05-09-2004, 05:07 PM
i would be really crossed if they dont realses Win2003SE for 1945 mod.
I wouldn't bet money on it. While it's still technically possible, HP didn't release a WM2003 upgrade for the iPAQ 1910.

so guys dont get angry if u ever get stupid que frm me :)
Don't worry, we won't. However, I do urge you to play around with the Search feature (the link in the upper-right hand side of this page) -- it'll help you find answers much more quickly at times, since people have asked a lot of the common questions already. :)

--janak

Kacey Green
05-09-2004, 05:54 PM
There are no stupid questions.

Pony99CA
05-10-2004, 12:33 AM
Sure there are.

"Who's buried here in Grant's Tomb?"
"Are you twins?" (Asked of two people who obviously are. "No, we're identical strangers.")
"Should I try to cross the tracks even though the crossing gate is down?"
"How much is this?" (Asked at the Everything A Dollar store)
"Do you have any spare change?" ("Glad I met you! I was about to throw these quarters into the trash.")

Steve

Kacey Green
05-10-2004, 03:34 AM
Sure there are.

"Who's buried here in Grant's Tomb?"
"Are you twins?" (Asked of two people who obviously are. "No, we're identical strangers.")
"Should I try to cross the tracks even though the crossing gate is down?"
"How much is this?" (Asked at the Everything A Dollar store)
"Do you have any spare change?" ("Glad I met you! I was about to throw these quarters into the trash.")

Steve
Those are some of the few times what I said earlier would be followed by "Just stupid people" "Modify, your best judgement"

Janak Parekh
05-10-2004, 05:13 AM
Those are some of the few times what I said earlier would be followed by "Just stupid people"
I think you're not getting Steve's point -- although he was being a bit too humorous. ;) As a site, we try to be as helpful as possible, but it's predicated on people giving concise, clear descriptions of what their problem is. "My iPAQ isn't working; what's wrong?" is a stupid question in the sense that it doesn't come close to asking anything specific.

Anyway, let's get back on topic, please.

--janak

Kacey Green
05-10-2004, 11:09 AM
There is a petition for owners of your device.
Someone should start one just in case the get stupid on the h2200 and h5500 owners

Janak Parekh
05-10-2004, 04:29 PM
Someone should start one just in case the get stupid on the h2200 and h5500 owners
I think it's premature, seeing as how HP hasn't announced their plans yet.

--janak