View Full Version : PocketMAC and sync thru wireless

squiggs1982
05-08-2004, 12:28 AM
Hello all! I'm probably missing something really obvious, but I cannot for the life of me get my 4150 to sync with my ibook over wireless using pocketMac. It seems to work fine using the USB cradle, but I just can't get this sorted. I'm usually quite good at this sort of stuff, but nope, I'm stumped!

TIA!
Adrian

bdegroodt
05-08-2004, 01:41 AM
Are you trying to do this by wifi or bluetooth? If you're doing it by bluetooth, you need to establish an Activesync profile in the BT manager. I don't think you can do it by wifi, but I could be wrong. Take a look at page 11 of the user guide (http://www.pocketmac.net/public/manuals/PocketMacProManualEnglish.pdf) to get the BT configuration steps.

Zack Mahdavi
05-08-2004, 02:30 AM
You can do it via WiFi, but you have to set up a "remote server" to sync to on your Pocket PC. It's explained in the manual, I believe, but reply if you need some detailed instructions.

squiggs1982
05-09-2004, 01:55 AM
Thanks guys. I'm a bit busy over the weekend, but I'll have a look and let you know how I get on on monday. Cheers!

squiggs1982
05-17-2004, 02:56 AM
Hi guys. No doubt just being stupid, but I've failed miserably to get this to work. Step by step intructions for idiots would be appreciated!

Zack Mahdavi
05-17-2004, 07:56 AM
Hey squiggs, can you tell us what you've been doing? I would give you step by step directions, but I now have a VPN connection set up, and I can't figure out how to disable the VPN connection from being established when a server activesync is made.

squiggs1982
05-17-2004, 04:24 PM
Basically just waht it says in the manual under connecting via TCP/IP. Going to Activesync, tools, choosing the pocket mac profile and attempting to sync. I've tryed this both with a normal connection to my home wireless network and also set up and connected an ad hoc network between my PPC and my ibook. Neither works :cry:

Zack Mahdavi
05-17-2004, 07:00 PM
Hmm... that worked for me when I tried it back then. Why don't you contact them (http://pocketmac.onlinesupportdesk.net/)? Let us know what works for you in the end.

cycloid
07-14-2004, 04:52 PM
Finally got wifi connection working, after experiencing the same difficulties. But it's pants - no faster than bluetooth, interferes with safari and file sync stalls.

FWIW set your ip address in "server" (no // needed), user name in server synch options and set domain as workgroup. Hitting sync will then connect you. I'm really not sure its worth it though - seems very buggy.