View Full Version : New battery for 3835

cdavis
05-07-2004, 10:45 PM
Greetings,

I received a new battery today for my 3835 from laptopsforless.com. With the old battery I couldnt get it to turn on without ac power at all. I now have new battery installed and it turns on without ac but for about 10 seconds and it goes off because of low battery. It's been charging now for a hour or so and it still says 0% battery power. Should I be alarmed that its not charging? Or does it normally take a couple hours before it starts to hold a charge?

Steven Cedrone
05-08-2004, 02:13 AM
As hard as it is, just let it charge overnight. If you have problems tomorrow morning, then you can panic...

Steve

OSUKid7
05-08-2004, 09:45 PM
Hmm, you can replace the battery on 3800s? How hard is that? May look into that if I don't decide to get a new PPC in the next few months.

cdavis
05-09-2004, 07:01 PM
As hard as it is, just let it charge overnight. If you have problems tomorrow morning, then you can panic...

Steve
Well, it's been overnight it has done nothing. It appears now that it doesn't charge and it's not a battery issue. I think it turning on with the new battery was the little charge it came with. It works on AC still but it doesn't charge the battery. Hrm?

Steven Cedrone
05-09-2004, 11:19 PM
O.K....

Do you see anything indicating that the battery is charging? (the LED is blinking)

Do you have another charger you can use? (or can you use the charger without the cradle)

Time to rule out, either the charger, or the device itself...

Steve

cdavis
05-09-2004, 11:37 PM
O.K....

Do you see anything indicating that the battery is charging? (the LED is blinking)

Do you have another charger you can use? (or can you use the charger without the cradle)

Time to rule out, either the charger, or the device itself...

Steve

It indicates it is charging. The yellow light is blinking. I don't recall if it blinked 3 times then paused for about 5 seconds then started blinking again like it does now or if it was a non stop blink. I can charge without the cradle and I have tried both in the cradle and w/o the cradle. The device does work fine when it is plugged in through the same cable that is supposed to charge it. ..

krakrjaks
10-16-2004, 06:44 PM
cdavis, I was just getting ready to buy a battery for my 3835 from the same outfit. Do you think they are selling bad products or is it just your unit? When I put mine in the charger the LED blinks constantly for days and never charges. Did yours do that on the old battery? I'm just trying to figure out if I should buy this battery. Compaq wanted about $150 just to get started.

Thanks in advance

Rob

cdavis
10-17-2004, 11:18 PM
cdavis, I was just getting ready to buy a battery for my 3835 from the same outfit. Do you think they are selling bad products or is it just your unit? When I put mine in the charger the LED blinks constantly for days and never charges. Did yours do that on the old battery? I'm just trying to figure out if I should buy this battery. Compaq wanted about $150 just to get started.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Rob, I had the ipaq sent in and looked at and it appears to not be a battery issue. Ipaqrepair, or whatever the name of those guys are now said it was a motherboard issue. I have not done anything else with the ipaq as I didn't see it worth the money to repair the motherboard. I have 2 batteries sitting here the one I purchased but never got any use and the one that came with the ipaq. If you are interested I'd be willing to sell you either one or both for cheaper than they would since I have no use for them.

chad

krakrjaks
10-18-2004, 12:25 AM
IT sounds pretty good Chad but I would like to make sure it is a battery problem first. LIke you I don't really want to put too much money into it if is not a battery. What did yours do? My LED just flashes and never charges. It will work on the cradle. If mine is just a battery I would be interested in the battery.

Thanks

Rob