View Full Version : XDA II ROM Upgrade

Kadegboye
05-07-2004, 10:40 PM
Hi,
Has anybody living in the USA upgraded his XDA II ROM? If yes, did you have any problems? Which country's ROM upgrade did you use or is there
a ROM upgrade for USA like there is for the UK and Germany? I have just downloaded UK ROM but have not yet installed it. I bought my XDA II from eXpansys USA whose base is in the UK. I live in USA.
Kay.

Kadegboye
05-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Hi,
I have an answer to the question I posted on this site a couple of days ago. This is for the benefit of somebody who may be worried about the same issues. I found out that there is no difference in the XDA II purchased from the UK for use in the USA and that used in the UK. On this basis, I have downloaded and installed the new XDA II ROM from O2 (UK version) and the result has been very fantastic. My machine is faster and more efficient. I am yet to try the Bluetooth function. The conclusion from my own perspective is that it is safe and rewarding to do the upgrade provided one follows the instruction to the letter and back up ones data on a desktop pc or a card before doing the upgrade. Otherwise one would lose some data(as I did) or all your data.
Kay.